• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
hi everyone as you may know I made a post earlier
About recording the introduction to my book

after recording the introduction and looking over the story

I found it just wasn’t ready yet

I am writing a book and all of my characters are pretty much in seventh grade. I believe one of them is in eighth grade now this book has some language in terms of derogatory terms towards gay people as in this story is going to be about bullying possibly gay bashing and bullying towards the handicapped The main protagonist of cerebral palsy ,One is typical but gay one is autistic ,one has Down syndrome One has an intellectual disability and the other one is what would you call nurotypical

I’m trying to write and main character that I had cerebral palsy. Is there any way you can give me some tips? I am also trying to write a character with down syndrome as a side character.Also a character that’s coming to terms with the fact that they have an intellectual disability and one that gets diagnosed with autism as As I said before I’m trying to make this a middle grade novel or possibly a young adult

That's nice, writing books is awesome, keep it up!

I can only advise to research each character properly and possibly try to find forums for each condition/status to get some first hand insight.

Other than that you can use software such as Grammarly to get some help with grammar etc. Everyone makes some mistakes from time to time, always good to have an editor!

Wow, this is very industrious because each of the characters are complex in themselves. Guess it goes about how you introduce them to your storyline. You can use events to showcase the character and then bring the specialized attributes. Or introduce as a special team and each team member has attributes that are : ??. You are trying to grab the reader's interest so making it personable on some level and believable is very important. Good luck with this. I have confidence in you. Think rewrite- rewrite- rewrite, these are the most important words. Then take it to your friends and read it to them and see what they say.

If you outline your plot, then fill in characters, then this another way to figure out character introduction.

Another idea: read some books that use your ideas and see if it helps you brainstorm better.

Your fan.

New Threads

Top Bottom