• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ADHD vs ASD - an on going conflict | Picture series

What's "heteronormativity"?
Heteronormativity is the state of being heteronormative. To be heteronormative is to not be queer in any way. You check all of the "normal" boxes:
* You are sexually attracted exclusively to the opposite sex
* You identify as the sex you were born
* You dress as the sex you were born
* You act like the sex you were born

I am:
* sexually attracted exclusively to the opposite sex
* identify as the sex I was born
* dress as the sex I was born
* act like the opposite sex
Thus, I am not heteronormative.

Heteronormativity is the state of being heteronormative. To be heteronormative is to not be queer in any way. You check all of the "normal" boxes:
* You are sexually attracted exclusively to the opposite sex
* You identify as the sex you were born
* You dress as the sex you were born
* You act like the sex you were born

I am:
* sexually attracted exclusively to the opposite sex
* identify as the sex I was born
* dress as the sex I was born
* act like the opposite sex
Thus, I am not heteronormative.

Thanks for clarifying, I actually thought Fino had just made it up :)

Thanks for clarifying, I actually thought Fino had just made it up :)

HAHA it's the exclusion of the possibility of people who don't fit the list that dood up there posted. Using your post as an example, I'm like, "drinking, partying... opposite sex? What's women got to do with anything? Am I partying with only females for some reason?" Your post assumed 100% of humans are attracted to the opposite sex, unless you had no intention of having people relate, but I figured that was the point of them.

New Threads

Top Bottom