• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

About Me.

Curtis Azevedo

"Musician, Enthusiast, Audiophile"
V.I.P Member
Hello, all. My name is Curtis, and I have Asperger's Syndrome. Gosh, doesn't that sound like an Alcoholic's Anonymous meeting introduction? I was turned onto this site by my parents who thought it might interest me. Seeing as I went to a high school centered around Aspies and kids with NLD, I find this could be a wonderful resource. I am currently in my first year at San Jose State University, studying trombone performance. Any questions about my musical history, just ask! God knows, I love to talk about it!

Hello, all. My name is Curtis, and I have Asperger's Syndrome. Gosh, doesn't that sound like an Alcoholic's Anonymous meeting introduction? I was turned onto this site by my parents who thought it might interest me. Seeing as I went to a high school centered around Aspies and kids with NLD, I find this could be a wonderful resource. I am currently in my first year at San Jose State University, studying trombone performance. Any questions about my musical history, just ask! God knows, I love to talk about it!
Welcome Curtis :)

I must admit, I've never heard of a school which is centred around Aspies; at least not from any member on here; I'm curious to know what it was it like for you. It sounds like your parents are very supportive of you; you're quite lucky.

Feel free to browse our forums, share your experiences, and ask any questions you may have. Everyone here is rather friendly, and helpful, so I hope you settle in quite nicely.

Thank you for welcoming me! Yes, I do feel quite fortunate to have such supportive parents. You should look up Orion Academy and Dr. Kathryn Stewart. Dr. Stewart founded the school, and they use dogs as a metaphor for non-verbal communication. That school really turned me into the independent guy I am today. And, Sportster, I know it was a huge luxury to have a high school that would cater to our needs. I'm glad to know I found a nice place. I hope to meet the fellow music nerds soon!

Thank you for welcoming me! Yes, I do feel quite fortunate to have such supportive parents. You should look up Orion Academy and Dr. Kathryn Stewart. Dr. Stewart founded the school, and they use dogs as a metaphor for non-verbal communication. That school really turned me into the independent guy I am today. And, Sportster, I know it was a huge luxury to have a high school that would cater to our needs. I'm glad to know I found a nice place. I hope to meet the fellow music nerds soon!
Wow, it looks like an amazing facility. I must admit, I wish could have attended when I was younger. Thank you for sharing that information, it's great to learn about the resources available for us as Aspies :)

I love band, and all the instruments in it. I play mallet percussion and sometimes drums and that sort of stuff.
Just wondering, how old were you when you first began to play?

Hi Curtis and welcome,
I have to say ive never seen a facility like that. Almost brings a tear to my eye seeing education with that much understanding. Looking forward to hearing more
Cheers
Turk

Salmongirl, I first started playing the trombone in 5th grade. I didn't really get hyped into music until 8th grade, when my private lessons started getting serious, and I was introduced to Moussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition and Night on Bald Mountain. It was just an upward spiral from there. I play percussion as a secondary 'job' as you can tell from my profile. I taught myself, and I have tons of fun.

Hi Curtis and welcome,
I have to say ive never seen a facility like that. Almost brings a tear to my eye seeing education with that much understanding. Looking forward to hearing more
Cheers
Turk

Turk, that school was an amazing experience for me. It really made me self-aware, and self-sustaining.

New Threads

Top Bottom