• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

a post to introduce myself

neuroillogic

Good 'morrow fellow humans!

I am known as Neuro in internetland, and I have ventured into this little niche after a long, 7 year battle with my own diagnosis. It was overwhelming when I first started to connect with Aspergers, so I came at it with the view of a scientist, trying to disprove it any way I could. There are a lot of key signs that I didn't recognize that I had, so until recently I always convinced myself I didn't have it, until I drafted my husband into helping me analyze myself, and not only did he find the pieces I was missing, in our research we discovered that he has it as well. Yes, we are self diagnosed, but simply understanding ourselves better and putting new life practices into place is good enough for us. Besides, we have to save whatever money would be going to the doctor to get our kids tested, as I believe they both have it, and it would be more beneficial for the two of them to get the official dx.

I am simply happy to finally have found a group I can connect with and feel as if I belong somewhere. It has been a long, 26 year road to finding my place, but I'm happy to be here! I do hope that was an appeasing introduction, as I am often no good with these things.

Hi and welcome Neuro. I hope soon you can start to embrace your aspie strengths once you start to find out what they are. I think of your may be the ability to research a subject from a counter point of view.

Welcome :)

That was an excellent introduction; very articulate, and interesting.

Thank you folks! I have a feeling you'll be seeing a lot of me. I have quite a lot of socializing to make up for!

Warwick, I'm not sure I completely understand your statement, could you possibly elaborate?

New Threads

Top Bottom