• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

3d printing

Bergs

V.I.P Member
Are their any other 3d printers/makers in our group ? These are my ASD related designs.

Have had a printer for about 13 months and would definitely include it as one of my 'special interests'.

If any other forum members have their own designs or just want to post their 3d prints, it would be good to see others.

IMG_1019.jpg

I'm embarrassed to admit I have a 3d printer still unopened in the box. There's just been so many other projects to work on that I haven't taken the time to assemble it and start a new learning curve

I asked a neighbor how to 3d print but since I don't own a modern computer that's going to have to wait for a bit. (I have a 2008 or 2009 clunker which boots Win 10 but the drive sounds like a metal recycling plant so it's not hooked up now.)

I'm embarrassed to admit I have a 3d printer still unopened in the box. There's just been so many other projects to work on that I haven't taken the time to assemble it and start a new learning curve
It is definitely a learning curve :) , lots to learn and you would need time to experiment/learn at first. Hopefully you will get time in the future, as i have found it quite rewarding and keeps the brain busy.

I asked a neighbor how to 3d print but since I don't own a modern computer that's going to have to wait for a bit. (I have a 2008 or 2009 clunker which boots Win 10 but the drive sounds like a metal recycling plant so it's not hooked up now.)
The start up costs are a big deterrent for most people (understandbly) for the printer, computing wise you dont need anything too fancy, as i just use a web based 3d design program, called Tinkercad. Ongoing costs are $20-30 AUD for the Filament rolls, so overall not a cheap hobby.

I have an FDM printer that I got 8-9 years ago, it's been a while since I used it last thou... I have used it amongst other things to print some plant signs for my garden, a holder for my phone (for my previous car), and a spare part to fix a chair. Have been considering to get a resin printer to make small detailed models. I use OpenSCAD to create my models.

I have an FDM printer that I got 8-9 years ago, it's been a while since I used it last thou... I have used it amongst other things to print some plant signs for my garden, a holder for my phone (for my previous car), and a spare part to fix a chair. Have been considering to get a resin printer to make small detailed models. I use OpenSCAD to create my models.
The Resin printers do look interersting, had tried OpenScad but had trouble getting the hang of it (might give it another go), I also use Inkscape to make 2d wallart and print on demand designs

Are their any other 3d printers/makers in our group ? These are my ASD related designs.
I was thinking about it about 4 years ago, but realised I didn't have the staying power to learn how to use it.
I am glad I didn't buy a printer. One less thing to dust on the shelf in the corner.
I have ADD.
Apparently, that says it all. lol

The start up costs are a big deterrent for most people (understandbly) for the printer, computing wise you dont need anything too fancy, as i just use a web based 3d design program, called Tinkercad. Ongoing costs are $20-30 AUD for the Filament rolls, so overall not a cheap hobby.
It's the learning curve that always gets me.
I am of the older generation.
'nuff said.

New Threads

Top Bottom