• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My week (rolls eyes)... My month...

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
My job situation lately has been less than ideal, still working too much through temp agencies... My three month job contract ended, and I'm back to day labour, generally one day one job, one day one job, etc... Repeat the cycle, and I feel like I'm groveling when I keep asking almost every day for work... Feeling discouraged about it...

I just know that I need to figure out a way to get properly employed again, I need a strategy

The weather you ask? Dreadful, a super wet springtime, I feel like it might be getting to me... Classic car show season (even the informal stuff) is just not happening, one big car show that got luck with the right weather day, otherwise there has been nothing, zero... And I've looked back at my older photos, it has been one of the worst starts to "driving" season I've ever seen... Yet I also know that our area is in bad drought and needs rain badly, I just miss seeing classic cars, and I feel like it's dragging my mood down

It just seems like life is stacked up against me right now, I just need to find a way to fight through it, and the success of other people seems really amplified to me right now when I know my thinking needs to better then that

And perhaps a really minor thing :rolleyes: I was bidding through a local thrift shop on one of their silent auction items, a bunch of vintage B&W photos, I lost the auction as I discovered today, and that really sucks because I wanted them, I suppose it wasn't meant to be, but then my life is full of that right now...

Last edited:
I drafted a bunch of responses, then realized I don't have any. Just want to say I hear you and I will pray for you. you are amazing.

Repeat the cycle, and I feel like I'm groveling when I keep asking almost every day for work... Feeling discouraged about it...
I retired at 50 after autistic burnout.
Life couldn't have been better after that.

I don't know how old you are but keep in mind the joy in front of you.

Also, consider the adage:
"This too shall pass."

Q: Why did the guy bash his head against a brick wall?
A: It felt so good when he stopped.
:p

New Threads

Top Bottom