• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Top 5 Favorite Video Games

chincey_james

If you had to list your top 5 favorite video games, what would they be?

Roughly in order, mine are:

1. Trails in the Sky SC. Pure JRPG goodness. Very fun battles. Epic, connected story.

2. Final Fantasy VIII. Nostalgia overload. Best music in any video game ever. Beautiful art design.

3. Fire Emblem Engage. So much fun to get lost into. Loved every second.

4. SteamWorld Heist. Unique. Challenging. Addictive.

5. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. Charming, polished, and fun.

Dark souls series

Doom series

Bioshock series

Kirby series

Super Mario series (rpg included)

Last edited:
1. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (specifically with all expansions): Roguelikes are like, my main thing, particularly as I need a challenge for something to hold my attention. And Isaac still reigns supreme over the genre. This is also one of the two games that got me to jump ship from the AAA side into the indie side of things (the other game being the original Spelunky).

2. Void Rains Upon Her Heart: Roguelike + bullet hell scrolling shmup. With a super unique theme and style to it. This game aint even fully out yet and it's already super high on my list. It's also one of the very few games where I went and did every last tiny achievement. And there's like 600 of those.

3. Minecraft: Do I need to explain this? I mean really I've been playing this since before they invented chickens. No, seriously, when I started with that game, feathers were dropped by zombies because there were no bird mobs in the game yet. So yeah... long time fan. Loooooooooooong time.

4. Streets of Rogue: Did I mention I like roguelikes? This is that concept, combined with the emergent gameplay found in stuff like the original Deus Ex. Any problem has about a thousand solutions. And a thousand ways for you to totally mess it up. I've got hundreds of hours in this and the situations it spits out still surprise me. Incredibly chaotic and often hilarious game. A sequel is on its way. Not fast enough.

5. The original Super Mario on the NES: I'm very much also a retro fan, and I could ramble on and on and on about my favorite older games, particularly on the NES and 2600, but we'll just say this one is the height of those for me.

Honestly it's hard to choose 5 here, except for Isaac, there's no question about that one.

Elder Scrolls Series
Baldur's Gate Series (including the new one)
Dragon Age Series
Mass Effect Series
The Witcher Series

1. Final Fantasy XV
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Destiny 2
  4. Horizon Forbidden west (Horizon series in general)
  5. God of war Ragnarök

1. Sonic the Hedgehog (series): Despite not really touching much of the recent games. It's always been one of my huge favorites. The last recent game of Sonic I've touched is Mania. And yes, I am aware of Frontiers.

2. Metroid (series): I've always loved Metroid. Starting with the first NES title. I never played Metroid 2 or it's recent remake. Nor Metroid Prime Pinball or Federation Force. That last one was for personal reasons as a fan. However, I have played just about everything else. Dread is newest one that I have not touched. More out of hiatus for my wellbeing, more than any other reason.

3. Silent Hill (SH1, SH2, and SH3 namely): I have always adored the psychological horror component of Silent Hill. The darkness of man is a talked about concept, but to see the demons manifested from one's own mind is another thing. To know the monsters that haunt your subconscious and to manifest in a physical form. Nothing compares. I adore the second game for this reason. It delves far deeper into the dark, demented reaches of the human psyche in a way that brings chills down the spine of all who play. It's a experience unmatched and unique to it. Tank controls be damned.

4.  Borderlands (series): This one is probably not everyone's cup of tea due to the crude humor and off the wall jokes. But I find myself enjoying it. I got to try a little of the first game. But I have played, and beat, the second and third games. Not much to say that wouldn't be a full wall of text.

5. Diablo 3: I honestly put this one here because I really cannot think of much else and I do love playing this one. A good way to burn a few hours of boredom.

Dead Space (We don’t talk about the third game because it never existed)

The Last of Us (The first one only because the second one was so disappointing)

Animal Crossing New Horizon

Cooking Mama (Nintendo 3Ds)

Wii Sports and Resort (My childhood nostalgia)

Making a top 5 is pretty much impossible for me, but this is my attempt:

- Portal 2
- Sonic 2
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (any of them)
- Minecraft
- Factorio

This list is in no particular order.
Fallout 4
AC Odyssey
Starfield
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Super Mario Odyssey

In no particular order:
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven
Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion
Taz-Mania

I tend towards series.

1. Far Cry is the best series known to man, no need to explain.
1. Tied for 1st is the aging Fallout series, which shouldn’t be allowed to fade from memory.
2. Borderlands is a great distraction from the reality of Far Cry.
2. Tied for 2nd, Rage is a great place when you just need to rage.
3. Assassin’s Creed satisfies the sailor in me, with a good mix of pirating, exploring and developing your character.

This list is in no particular order.
Fallout 4
AC Odyssey
Starfield
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Super Mario Odyssey
Awesome list - just curious re Starfield as for some reason I have not been able to get into it - does it get better? I have played around 10 hours...

Awesome list - just curious re Starfield as for some reason I have not been able to get into it - does it get better? I have played around 10 hours...
At first it was hard to get into the game but the longer I played the more hooked I got, after day 2 I was in. Playing the side quests are very intriguing and the best part of the game in my opinion.

Factorio
Super Mario Galaxy
Half-Life 2
Portal 2
Metroid Prime

Five is tough. It is hard to exclude Super Mario World, Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda a Link to the Past, Super Metroid, and Chrono Trigger, among others. A case could be made for an all Mario game top 5.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom