• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption Security Flaw

Judge

V.I.P Member
Looks like a mess for Microsoft and users depending on BitLocker encryption in Windows 10.

In the case of security update KB 5034441, it doesn't work. And their suggesting to fixing it seems questionable, apart from the fact that so many inexperienced Windows users aren't prepared to negotiate partitioning their disk just to fix an update error. Apart from the fact that some are successful in doing so while others are not.

Most of the computer gurus on YouTube seem to all suggest you just ignore it until Microsoft finds a real fix that doesn't involve anything as drastic as disk partitioning.

Yep, got that issue on not one but three PC's. Acutely obvious that they didn't test this update BEFORE inflicting it on us users!

OK. For someone who has only a peripheral idea of what you are talking about: I am pretty sure I am running MS 11 on all my machines because that was required for the state programs I had to use.

Do I have to worry about this?

My version of Windows 11....:cool:

Linux Mint 21.3.jpg

Kudos to Microsoft for steering me towards Linux Mint. ;)

Meanwhile it looks like Microsoft hasn't fixed this encryption vulnerability yet....

New Threads

Top Bottom