• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why Did Someone Have To Give Me A Keyboard?

total-recoil

Having been gifted an unwanted synth, I now find myself totally addicted. I've played keyboard before a bit but this one is much improved from what was available back then and I've become engrossed. Last week I practised 6 solid hours til 4.00a.m. in the morning, woke up at 13.00 p.m., grabbed a coffee and then resumed. That was another 4 hours or so.
This is beginning to look like an obsession to add to the other obsessions and I now wonder where will be the time to relax and unwind.
Anyway, have been working on using the keys set mainly on piano to try and force me to play bass with the left hand and then try and do melody with the right. I was trying to find out how McCartney went about it as I'm told he simply taught himself and my goal is really just to make some sound as opposed to classical style. I decided if after a few more weeks it definitely seems as if I have some potential, I'll keep this up and if not, bow out.
I also think I need to try and control this manic practise as I've literally felt exhausted after tinkling for over 4 hours in one go!

New Threads

Top Bottom