• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who am I?

SirMaverick

Who am I? Well, sorry to spoil the suspense ladies...but that's highly classified...

KIDDING :p

I've spent My life here and there across the US growing up. Born in Oregon, but spent some time in Nebraska, Kansas (don't remember those times sadly), few years in TX, and then a lovely 16 in New Hampshire (Dec 89 - Oct 05), and then back home to Texas (I may not be a Texan by birth but by God it's in my blood, and I got here as fast as I could! 5 generations alone on My father's side). I was diagnosed with ADHD at a really young age, Asperger's in my teens, as well as Tourrette's (just a mild muscle twitch in my neck now and then that's really only noticeable when I'm stressed. Course, I have the meds I was on for ADHD to thank for this...)

I'm a fairly easy going guy, pretty open minded (for most things LOL), and an all around Patriotic American. I may never have had the chance to serve in the US Military, but you can bet that I support them 100% , and have at least 5 Generations of family members on My father's side alone who have served.

Brother: US Navy (02 - Present) currently an AC1 (Aircraft Controller 1st Class)

Uncle: US Air Force. Got out as a Sgt (now A1C); Airman of the year in 1980 at Carswell AFB (that was a bad year for the Air Farce LOL)

Grandfather: United States Army - World War II; 13th Airborne Division and 82nd Airborne Division; Saw action at the Battle of the Bulge and Operation Market Garden; he is the one that My avatar is for (which I made btw); got out as a Staff Sergeant

Great Uncle: US Army Air Corps

Great Uncle: US Army

Great Uncle: US Navy

Great Grandfather: United States Army - World War I; Medic, 90th Division, 360th Field Hospital; Saw action at the Battle of Argonne Forrest; Private First Class

Great Great Uncle: Private, Company E, 18th Texas Cavalry, Confederate States Army;

Great Great Grandfather; 1st Corporal, Company H, 6th Texas Infantry, Confederate States Army;

As I said I myself never had the chance to serve in the US Military, but I did wear a uniform for 9 years while I was a member of the Civil Air Patrol. I'm currently taking a year of to deal with some issues within CAP.

IF y'all ask nicely I MIGHT post a pic or two of Me in uniform.....other than just My profile pic.

I'm a music, movie, book lover, and fan of MANY tv shows. I could list 'em all but yeah....that would take all night. :D I'm willin' to answer any questions about me. IF I hold back, please don't take it personally.

Signature comin' soon :)

Thanks for the sweet introduction SirMaverick, and welcome to Aspies Central. I don't have as rich a history of my family serving in the military, but I do support them 100% because I have many friends and my cousin's husband who are serving or have served in the military (mainly in Afghanistan and Iraq). I hope you enjoy all this wonderful forum has to offer.

Attachments

• spock.gif
    spock.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 64
There is one other thing about me that I didn't mention.....

I'm also a member of the North Texas Patriot Guard Riders. They're like My second family you could say. I've been with them for almost 7 years now.

I still remember my first mission like it was yesterday...at least good chunks of it.....

To date I have stood to honor close to 20 individuals who were sadly Killed In Action from this area. Some stick out in my memory more than others, but by no means are any of them ever forgotten....

Attachments

• IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 70
That’s great!!! They’ve asked me to join a few times since I’m a veteran and own a Hog, but I cannot commit because of my schedule. Still, I think it’s a wonderful organization, especially when they stand between the families and the loony-toons from Westboro Baptist Church. I’m a Baptist, but they do not worship the same God I do, nor is their doctrine anything I believe or have studied.

Well said my friend. Thank you for your service, btw! :) What branch??

I've actually been at a mission where those nutcases were present. They showed up at Chris Kyle's memorial Service. Course...their plans kinda backfired. The City put them WELL out of sight and where they wouldn't be a bother ~snickers~

New Threads

Top Bottom