• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Vampires

V.I.P Member
I was as happy as a pig in mud this morning. I woke up around 4am and watched the first 4 episodes of the 2nd season of "True Blood" on DVD this morning, before the rest of the family woke up. It started out with a far-fetched premise but, as the show movess on, there are not only vampires, mind-readers, exorcisms and shape-shifters but now some ancient Goddess type of character who throws cool parties, werewolves, cults and I suspect that some of the more "regular" type characters are going to turn out to be special as well.

The first vampire movie that got me fascinated was "The Hunger". I was a big fan of David Bowie's music when I was a teenager, and I hired the video purely because he was in it. Susan Sarandon and Catherine Deneuve were in the move as well, and I watched it many times over the next few years (normally I only ever watch a movie once).

Since then I tend to buy a lot of vampire novels and watch a lot of vampire movies. My 2nd favourite vampire movie was "The Lost Boys". Or maybe "Bram Stoker's Dracula". I know that Anne Rice wrote a heap of vampire books, but I didn't like them all that much, apart from the first one (Interview With A Vampire).

I watched True Blood but I don't know. Just didn't get into it.
There was also too many sex scenes imo tbh/
EMZ=]

That is the point Emz. TrueBlood is a really stupid show. Like a weird romance novel. But I am fascinated by it because it is about vampires.

Sex and vampires always go together. Except maybe for "The Count" on Sesame Street. But I'd prefer they left the sex out of TrueBlood because it means I can't watch it when my kids are awake.

You might go down to your local dvd rental store and look in the old movie section

for Dracula with Bela Lugosi or some of the later Hammer productions with

Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.

I think vampires are incredibly bleugh. Not believeable like Harry Potter or anything (Joke)

I have a friend who identifies herself as goth(or emo or w.e, I'm not sure... apparently there's a difference) who's fascinated by ghosts, vampires, etc.
I think quite a lot of NT people are tbh. They are, regardless, extremely eccentric though.
EMZ=P

I hear Tim Burton's already working on a film adaptation of the new book Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I'm kind of interested in seeing how that all plays out. At this point I don't think I'll go see it in theatres, but I might change my mind once I know who'll be acting in it and see a trailer or two.

Speaking of Tim Burton and vampires, he's also going to make a movie based on the goth soap opera Dark Shadows, starring - who else? - Johnny Depp as the vampire Barnabas Collins. Filming starts in early/mid fall of this year, and has a tentative release date of 2011.

I love vampires!
Not the movies, but the general idea of being immortal.

Actually, i dont really like these vampire movies, because the stupid "vampire hunter" guy tends to kill all the vampires instead of asking one to be so kind as to bite him...idiot... :|

Hum...i actually used to sneak around grave yards at midnight, not because i expected to see a vampire, but because of the...feeling. -_-

f.

New Threads

Top Bottom