• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Typical Day of an Aspie

Calvert

'Bout Ye?
So... I am interested to know what a typical day would be like for fellow Aspies? Do you have routines or targets you must meet? Do you plan your day/week in advance or take things as they come? How do you react to sudden changes in those plans or when things don't go your way?

For those who prefer not to have social contact, how do you cope with that? What do you do to put in the time?

3 days a week: Get up, go running, shower, get changed, eat breakfast, go to school, come home from school, go on computer, eat, go on computer, go to sleep.
2 days a week: Same but minus the running part.
Weekends: Get up, go on computer, eat, go on computer, eat, go on computer, go to sleep. Maybe go to the cinema too.
Yeer... I like to live life to the full.
EMZ=]

3 days a week: Get up, go running, shower, get changed, eat breakfast

You do all of that before going to school?! Do you get up like a day in advance? :lol: I would never have time for any of that before school started. I always sleep in.

What about watching TV or listening to music? Suppose you could do that via the computer too though. :D

I live by myself but i got personal helping me with my routines.

8:30 They wake me up. makeing sure i am getting ready.

09.30 Going to the fountain house. A great place to hang out for people with my kinda issues. We are writing our own paper and stuff.

10:00 Breakfast at fountain house.

12:00 Food time at fountain house.

1500: snacks at fountian house.

1600: Back home

1800: Getting help to get dinner

22:00-23:00 getting ready to sleep.

On weekends I have free time except for when getting help with breakfast, dinner, and lunch.

Also I meet My son almost every day for about an houer at my ex:es.

At my free time I play WoW, talk to friends by internet or phone. Sometimes i go out. not often at all tho.

I basicly rely on a routine to function right, and it's a loongg one so brace yourself... :lol:

MORNING:
Get out of bed
Have a shave
Have a shower
Get dressed
Clean my piercing (Got ear done recently)
Have breakfast
Brush teeth
Put contacts in

AFTERNOON:
Have lunch
Clean my piercing

EVENING:
Have dinner
Get 1h of exercise on the treadmill
Get washed
Clean my piercing & 'turn' it
Apply spot cream
Brush teeth
Take contacts out
BED!

So yeahh, obviously Outside of those set things to do I'd still do normal-ish free time stuff. :) x

You do all of that before going to school?! Do you get up like a day in advance? :lol: I would never have time for any of that before school started. I always sleep in.

What about watching TV or listening to music? Suppose you could do that via the computer too though. :D
I get up at 5:30 and only have to be out of the house for 8:15 xD.
I watch TV while on the computer sometimes(not that bothered about it though) and listen to music on computer.
EMZ=]

So... I am interested to know what a typical day would be like for fellow Aspies? Do you have routines or targets you must meet? Do you plan your day/week in advance or take things as they come? How do you react to sudden changes in those plans or when things don't go your way?

For those who prefer not to have social contact, how do you cope with that? What do you do to put in the time?

I do the computer every day and I watch my favorite movie. I start to feel anxious if I haven't watched it yet. I do plan what to do and I do plan my days for when i need to get stuff done. I have gotten better with change so I take it pretty well. When my husband wants to do things at the spur of the moment, I feel stressed.

About social contact. I am always talking to my husband and watching my movie and on the computer. I also clean when it needs it.

I used to have routines, according to what school I was at etc. But since I'm not at school now and am 'between things' I don't have a routine. And it's slowly driving me crazy. I've broken down a couple of times about it.

I had my first day back at college today. I don't think i'm gonna like changing my routine to accommodate it.

I need a routine!!!!

Example: just got up (2:20pm). Probably won't sleep until early hours (around 4-5am). Spend most of my time sitting and thinking or on computer. I think a lot about stuff I'd like to do. Eating habits are way off at the moment. Ugh, bad times.

I skipped goto fountain house today. Just feeled to have one day of doing what I want. but the result of this is ofcourse the day being chaos but once in a while its worth it

@Coconut Drum That's what I was like after Summer. Working on getting it sorted now though for the sake of my education.

I need a routine!!!!

Example: just got up (2:20pm). Probably won't sleep until early hours (around 4-5am). Spend most of my time sitting and thinking or on computer. I think a lot about stuff I'd like to do. Eating habits are way off at the moment. Ugh, bad times.

i only go college three days a week mondays, thursdays and fridays, monday is the only 9:00 start so my life has been like that since september

EDIT: actually, no i am wrong i meant to say may time, or whenever the gcses were over

I used to have routines, according to what school I was at etc. But since I'm not at school now and am 'between things' I don't have a routine. And it's slowly driving me crazy. I've broken down a couple of times about it.

Oh lol but still!
For me, I recognize the stuff you ppl have posted.
Like getting up quite early just to relax read the newspaper or so and then head off.
No rush :)

Mine is as follows (in summer, anyway): Get up, wash my face (which is really more like treating it since I use ProActiv Solution), take out my retainers & brush my teeth, get dressed, go downstairs to watch and screencap Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (don't judge me XD) while eating breakfast. What I do inbetween then and lunch varies, but around noon I have some lunch, get on my laptop and check my bookmarked sites. I'm usually on it for a few hours, just surfing the Internet, but sometimes I go outside if the weather is suitable, or read, or even do something with my family (though that's rather rare). After dinner I take a shower and/or get back on my laptop if the desktop isn't available, but I'm almost always on the desktop computer at night after my brothers have gone to bed, until my own bedtime, when I go up to my room, listen to my mp3 player and write in my diary, then do my morning bathroom routine again (only with brushing and putting in retainers) and then go to bed.
I'm rather bored with the things I do every day and wish I lived alone so I'd feel more comfortable going outside and getting exercise. I always feel much better and happier when I'm outside with all the beautiful nature, but I hate having to mingle with people when I'm trying to enjoy myself.
When things happen and my routine has to change, I think up a new, temporary routine that I do until everything's back to normal. It usually doesn't bother me much.
During the school year, my whole morning and sometimes early afternoon are taken up by school (I'm homeschooled).

This is my 2E (Aspie 9 yrs. old) Son's schedule....on the weekends and during the summer he only studies about 5 hours and free reads 3-4 hrs. (From my Blog)

Today was Alex's first day of home schooling. He was actually doing homeschooling since his last day of regular school. During the summer he was on a shorter schedule.

He uses Plato for his online primary course. He loves learning through Plato. He finds the examples to be very understandable. His mother utilizes various online / hardcover / workbook / DVD material.

Today's schedule of events:

9 - 10 am: Breakfast - He usually free reads as he eats a light meal.

10 - 11 am: Math - Plato Algebra II

11 - 12 pm: Plato Reading Comprehension / English

12 - 1 pm: Lunch - a nutritious meal but nothing heavy.

2 - 3:15 pm: Plato Earth Science

3:15 - 4:30 pm: Plato U.S. History

4:30 - 5 pm: Workbook - Critical Reasoning

5 - 6 pm: Reading (report after finished with each book)

6 - 7:30 pm: Free time

7:30 - 8 pm: Physical Training - varies on day

8 pm - 9 pm: Shower / free time till dinner

9 pm - 10 pm: Dinner - free time

10 pm - 12 am: University Lecture DVD - one class - critical thinking practice / Bedtime reading

Alex LOVES home schooling. With the on-line / DVD / Books and workbooks to teach and supplement....he can advance without distractions and at a pace he can do. He is being taught what children should know....but are not taught in school. Critical Reasoning / True Science...etc. The hard core courses that leads to true thought and not the socially engineered subjective reasoning (...oxymoron) that is regurgitated...ad nauseum.

Sometimes Critical Reasoning is studied on the computer through The Art of Problem Solving.

Yes...but he loves it. School was incredibly boring to him...some kids started to pick on him...he was having multiple tics while in school....now...all tics gone...and a very happy boy...learning to his hearts delight.

New Threads

Top Bottom