• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thirtieth Anniversary Music Poll 1993-2023

What was your favorite song from 1993 (thirty years ago)?

• Nirvana - Unplugged in New York - Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Salt N Peppa - Shoop

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Janet Jackson - That's the Way Love Goes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spin Doctors - Two Princes

• Mariah Carey - Dreamlover

• UB40 - I Can't Help Falling In Love With You

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Snoop Dogg - Who am I (What's My Name)

• 4 Non Blondes - What's Up?

• Cypress Hill - Insane in the Brain

• Aerosmith - Living on the Edge

• Total voters

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
Before year's end, I would like to find out people's favorite songs were from 1993 (thirty years ago). You can pick more than one.

I will randomly pick top MTV hits from the year of 1993, and list them in the poll to see what people liked best.

Last edited:
Um not sure but what about black and white by Michael Jackson what year was that.
Or I'll make love to you by boys to men. You know my sister listened to both I'll make love to you and I'll always love you by Whitney Houston so many times.
And madonna and 80s kylie.

I wracked my brain and nothing came to mind, certainly none of the above. I searched on the net, nothing in the official Aussie hottest hits list really struck me as likeable. So I went to the actual hottest 100 list for that year, the one that much more greatly reflects the Aussie music scene, from the radio station Triple J.

1993 just wasn't a great year for music, according to Triple J this was the most popular song for that year in Australia, and that says it all really. And no, we don't censor songs in Australia.

Cannonball - The Breeders
Regularly hits the lists of top songs of the 90's, and even made Rolling Stone 500 Best Songs of All Time according to wikipedia.

Regularly hits the lists of top songs of the 90's, and even made Rolling Stone 500 Best Songs of All Time according to wikipedia.

That was my favorite song for a while. That and "Safari".

OH MAN!! I really missed the mark with this poll. I didn't see this song on the list. I was, however, just scrolling through and picking randomly from a list of a hundred songs. This is still one of my favorite songs. But are you sure it wasn't 91 or 92 when it came out?

OH MAN!! I really missed the mark with this poll. I didn't see this song on the list. I was, however, just scrolling through and picking randomly from a list of a hundred songs. This is still one of my favorite songs. But are you sure it wasn't 91 or 92 when it came out?
I think they released a 30 year anniversary edition earlier this year.

I wonder if Blind Melon's "No Rain" was 1993, because I still adore that song. I feel like it was 92 though.

Out of the list, I voted for Nirvana. I like the Four Non Blondes song, too. Also:

The Juliet Letters - Elvis Costello and The Brodsky Quartet
Star - Belly
Rift - Phish
"Come Undone," "Ordinary World" - Duran Duran
"If I Ever Lose My Faith in You" - Sting
"Linger" - The Cranberries
Frank Black - Frank Black
"Walking in My Shoes" - Depeche Mode
Space Age Bachelor Pad Music - Stereolab
Transient Random-Noise Bursts with Announcements - Stereolab
"Ruined in a Day" - New Order
Modern Life is Rubbish - Blur
Neil Young Unplugged
Transmissions From the Satellite Heart
- The Flaming Lips
Debut - Bjork
Zooropa - U2
Siamese Dream - The Smashing Pumpkins
Kerosene Hat - Cracker
Last Splash - The Breeders
Wild Wood - Paul Weller
In Utero - Nirvana
August and Everything After - Counting Crows
Gentlemen - The Afghan Whigs
God Shuffled His Feet - Crash Test Dummies
MTV Unplugged - 10,000 Maniacs
"Buddha of Suburbia" - David Bowie
Doggystyle - Snoop Doggy Dogg
The Black Rider - Tom Waits

Out of the list, I voted for Nirvana. I like the Four Non Blondes song, too. Also:

The Juliet Letters - Elvis Costello and The Brodsky Quartet
Star - Belly
Rift - Phish
"Come Undone," "Ordinary World" - Duran Duran
"If I Ever Lose My Faith in You" - Sting
"Linger" - The Cranberries
Frank Black - Frank Black
"Walking in My Shoes" - Depeche Mode
Space Age Bachelor Pad Music - Stereolab
Transient Random-Noise Bursts with Announcements - Stereolab
"Ruined in a Day" - New Order
Modern Life is Rubbish - Blur
Neil Young Unplugged
Transmissions From the Satellite Heart
- The Flaming Lips
Debut - Bjork
Zooropa - U2
Siamese Dream - The Smashing Pumpkins
Kerosene Hat - Cracker
Last Splash - The Breeders
Wild Wood - Paul Weller
In Utero - Nirvana
August and Everything After - Counting Crows
Gentlemen - The Afghan Whigs
God Shuffled His Feet - Crash Test Dummies
MTV Unplugged - 10,000 Maniacs
"Buddha of Suburbia" - David Bowie
Doggystyle - Snoop Doggy Dogg
The Black Rider - Tom Waits
OMG Cranberries were 1993 as well? I thought they were earlier.

From a rock/metal point of view, you've got Undertow, Anthrax Sound of White Noise (which I really enjoyed, even if it wasn't old school Anthrax), Wolverine Blues Entombed, Paradise Lost Icon. But for me, up alongside Tool is Carcass Heartwork and Pitchshifter Desensitised. Another great year. Maybe I was more naive, but music then seemed so much less self aware.

New Threads

Top Bottom