• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Signs of Spring (post them here)

These flowers aren't sure about opening yet, but they are considering it. It is a bit chilly still.

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 11.06.58 AM.png

Sure sign of spring in my backyard yesterday.
There have been nesting Mockingbirds, Thrush, and Cardinals in the bushes around the pool area and today the chicks all left the nests.
What a raucous.

I had been taking trays of meal worms out for the parents every few days and today
as soon as I went out by the bushes, Mr. and Mrs. Mockingbirds flew to me looking at the empty tray and then at me as if to say, "Help. We need food for the babies."
I brought out a tray of worms and sat it down. They immediately got a few and went to the babies. Then the Thrush and a male Cardinal. Peeps all around.
They kept repeating this until the tray was empty.

Today all was quiet. The parents must follow the chicks until they learn to eat.
This is the difficult stage of bird parenthood.
mockingbirdnest.jpg

I am grateful that I got a chance to do a Spring photoshoot with a very special model.

9A1380B0-1D28-47EE-9101-607EAEBB3FCC_1_105_c.jpeg

This is a sure sign of spring. When you see old American cars on the roads here, it's spring. :D Every year, it never fails. They spend the winter tucked away under a blanket in a warm and cozy room, getting pampered and waxed. Can't expose these beauties to nasty cold weather, so they don't come out until it's dry and warm. 🚘

1713204936921.png

Well over 14 hours of daylight on snow drifts that feel packed solid. Nobody is blowing or sweeping this stuff off.

And for us Autumn sets in. The biggest change is the drop in volume. I love being woken by practicing juvenile Kookaburras introducing daytimes full of deafening cicadas with butcher birds, bowers, Aussie magpies and currawongs all battling to be heard. I like dusk trees full of pairs of lorikeets that make your ears ring, and the evening chorus of frogs and crickets before the boobook calms my mind for the night. They're somewhat still around, but much quieter. Here's some of them

Baby Kookaburra
Butcher Bird
Magpie
Bower Bird
Currawong
Boobook (fair warning, the call in the second half is MUCH rarer, but it's kind of creepy.)

New Threads

Top Bottom