• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitivities

xubly

My ear has been ringing all day and I don't know why. I'm starting to get a terrible migraine like before when I lived in the city. It drives me crazy because of how sensitive my ears already are. Also, I've noticed I've become extremely sensitive to frabics and textures. I'm having trouble sleeping on my pillow because of this as well as anywhere else I decide to sleep. My skin always feel itchy even after moisturizing it. I've also started to wear socks to sleep because of the sensitivity I am experiencing. I'm curious to see if anyone else share these sensitivities or ringing in their ears.

My ear has been ringing all day and I don't know why. I'm starting to get a terrible migraine like before when I lived in the city. It drives me crazy because of how sensitive my ears already are. Also, I've noticed I've become extremely sensitive to frabics and textures. I'm having trouble sleeping on my pillow because of this as well as anywhere else I decide to sleep. My skin always feel itchy even after moisturizing it. I've also started to wear socks to sleep because of the sensitivity I am experiencing. I'm curious to see if anyone else share these sensitivities or ringing in their ears.

When my migraine symptoms worsened I heard music in my ears, at least it sounded like music. I'm not sure if heightened sensitivity is related to migraines but, for example, the type I have can cause really weird symptoms... So you never know... Maybe you should ask your doctor.

When I experienced migraines in the past, I experienced a host of the typical sensitivities, and some a bit more obscure associated which included: sound, light, body positioning, and also temperature. I would prefer to have my neck supported as it helped keep the pain from getting out of control. My spine was to be kept aligned. It helped me tremendously. (My preference was to place myself in a cold environment as it helped alleviate my migraine symptoms slightly) I would often joke to myself and tell myself that "I need to place myself in cryostasis, and be thawed out to be free of the pain"

When my migraine symptoms worsened I heard music in my ears, at least it sounded like music. I'm not sure if heightened sensitivity is related to migraines but, for example, the type I have can cause really weird symptoms... So you never know... Maybe you should ask your doctor.

Music, if we were to be spiritually speaking, I've had the same thing happen to me and have talked to other people from spiritual forums about it. They all pretty much told me the same thing, "The music you are hearing is the sound of the earth." Something like that, my mind isn't clear enough to actually post this, so, please bear with me for a moment. The melodies I have heard were either very beautiful and angelic, or horrifying and depressing;but, whenever I would focus my attention on them, the melodies would slowly fade away. Most of this is through meditation and the 'higher' self. This is what I believe anyway. I have a very sensitive brain that is easily prone to sound waves and energy. I am physically fine and my health is okay as well--aside from having minor asthma, there is nothing too wrong with me. I haven't always been this sensitive, but, over time, I have become very sensitive and my senses are rising on their own more everyday.

When I experienced migraines in the past, I experienced a host of the typical sensitivities, and some a bit more obscure associated which included: sound, light, body positioning, and also temperature. I would prefer to have my neck supported as it helped keep the pain from getting out of control. My spine was to be kept aligned. It helped me tremendously. (My preference was to place myself in a cold environment as it helped alleviate my migraine symptoms slightly) I would often joke to myself and tell myself that "I need to place myself in cryostasis, and be thawed out to be free of the pain"

Yes... Forgot about it :) the light and the sound... As for temperature and stuff like that, not sure about those... But I do remember, when I had migraines with headaches (later they became painless) I was very sensitive to light and sound. I had to wear sunglasses outside even if it was cloudy.

Music, if we were to be spiritually speaking, I've had the same thing happen to me and have talked to other people from spiritual forums about it. They all pretty much told me the same thing, "The music you are hearing is the sound of the earth." Something like that, my mind isn't clear enough to actually post this, so, please bear with me for a moment. The melodies I have heard were either very beautiful and angelic, or horrifying and depressing;but, whenever I would focus my attention on them, the melodies would slowly fade away. Most of this is through meditation and the 'higher' self. This is what I believe anyway. I have a very sensitive brain that is easily prone to sound waves and energy. I am physically fine and my health is okay as well--aside from having minor asthma, there is nothing too wrong with me. I haven't always been this sensitive, but, over time, I have become very sensitive and my senses are rising on their own more everyday.

It's quite common to connect hearing music with spiritual experiences but it also surprisingly common migraine symptom. I've heard, some birth control pills can cause migraines. When I had my second baby I had to switch to different birth control and it caused migraines with headaches. As for painless ones, apparently I had them since I was a kid and didn't even know it. Another symptom that seems to be quite common is so-called "white noise" or "snow" that affects your vision.

Now that you mention it, I am also sensitive to light, temperature and body positioning. My neck always needs support and I always have to sit certain ways so I don't hurt my lower back. It seems that I have a very fragile body which is sensitive to everything. I bruise quite easily too. The temperature always has to be just right for me to feel comfortable in my own skin. I still don't know what I prefer though, the cold climate or the warm climate;but, I usually like to be covered either way and make myself feel as comfortable as I can in order to get over these senses of mine.

It's quite common to connect hearing music with spiritual experiences but it also surprisingly common migraine symptom. I've heard, some birth control pills can cause migraines. When I had my second baby I had to switch to different birth control and it caused migraines with headaches. As for painless ones, apparently I had them since I was a kid and didn't even know it. Another symptom that seems to be quite common is so-called "white noise" or "snow" that affects your vision.

I've never taken birth control because of certain reasons of mine, but I have heard that it causes migraines. Interesting, I will do more research about that "white noise". Thank you for bringing that up :)

New Threads

Top Bottom