• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Repeating personal revelations

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I find myself doing this quite a lot.

I had a dreadfully stressful meeting the other day, which resulted in a sort of frozen state of high anxiety throughout the day and come the event that caused it, I became non verbal; couldn't meet eyes and head down and tears and thinking: blast, I left my tissues in the car!

I ended up talking about a resent discovery I had about myself and after just said rather lamely. I have no idea what I told you that, since I got a very neutral response.

I suppose I was trying to explain that if it was not for my mental "word feed", I would not have been able to speak at all.

Don't think I've ever told a revelation during a stressful situation. I remember a meeting with my boss and a coworker and we all kept hearing this continuous beeping at very regular short intervals. Where I had my phone in my purse and holding my purse against me, I laughed and said, "Oh, it's my phone." My boss then asked "well, why was I rocking back and forth?" (which was what was causing my phone to beep). I didn't realize I was and just replied, "I guess I'm nervous?" I really had no idea I was doing that.

My Parents don't tell me their innermost secrets because I'm liable to "wobble gob" as my Mother would say, at the worst possible times.

I think I’ve done what you’ve described when under stress that isn't just a sudden stress but a long term stress and anxiety. After a few weeks I do what I call Over-Share.
A few years back I was in a bad relationship and the company I was working for was being sold to another. So my two stable things were not stable!
So a coworker told me that people were calling me an “information giver”, she didn’t make it sound bad though.
I have to make a consious effort to not over share. But, in the past, maybe sharing was a way for me to survive. Even though I wasn’t sharing my innermost thoughts with someone who cared, it was the best I had.

New Threads

Top Bottom