• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not feeling like myself

Masked Man

Just not feeling up to par lately. Truth be told, I never feel what you could call "happy." I think the best I can get is contentment. But I don't even feel that lately.

Part of it is the time change. That always screws with my system, even though I know it's happening and I try to adjust for it, my logical brain and my lizard brain just aren't on the same grid. So I have trouble sleeping for a week or so. I'm in that period right now.

And because I'm sleepy I have difficulty controlling my diet and watching what I eat. I know I should not have that second sugary coffee, but the lizard brain wants the sugar and the logical brain is too tired to argue.

And I'm a few weeks into a new semester of this graduate degree and I'm TIRED. Papers, papers, papers, reading, going to seminars, etc.

Really I feel like I'm just dragging through every day. And I have no energy to do anything else but exist.

And underneath that is just this nagging ennui that I can't get rid of. I would not say I'm depressed... just ... I don't know. Kinda empty.

Thanks for listening.

Sorry you are experiencing that. I live tired - just varying degrees. Same way with depression. I was pretty down last week. Not bad now. Here's hoping you see similar improvement soon.

Sounds very relatable, @Masked Man. I hope you pass through this phase quickly and get back to an equilibrium that leaves you feeling content again. Once you are not so tired and spread thin with school, perhaps you can get back to doing things that can help with that empty feeling. Maybe, Sweet Spring will bring a rejuvenating feeling to you as well as the earth all around.

Is it an option to drop a class? I think you'd feel a lot better.
No because it's only one class. I couldn't possibly do more than one because it's a lot of work, plus I work a full time job on top of it.

I think this will pass, I just have to push through it, one day at a time.

Sounds very relatable, @Masked Man. I hope you pass through this phase quickly and get back to an equilibrium that leaves you feeling content again. Once you are not so tired and spread thin with school, perhaps you can get back to doing things that can help with that empty feeling. Maybe, Sweet Spring will bring a rejuvenating feeling to you as well as the earth all around.
Thanks, I appreciate that

Just not feeling up to par lately. Truth be told, I never feel what you could call "happy." I think the best I can get is contentment. But I don't even feel that lately.

Part of it is the time change. That always screws with my system, even though I know it's happening and I try to adjust for it, my logical brain and my lizard brain just aren't on the same grid. So I have trouble sleeping for a week or so. I'm in that period right now.

And because I'm sleepy I have difficulty controlling my diet and watching what I eat. I know I should not have that second sugary coffee, but the lizard brain wants the sugar and the logical brain is too tired to argue.

And I'm a few weeks into a new semester of this graduate degree and I'm TIRED. Papers, papers, papers, reading, going to seminars, etc.

Really I feel like I'm just dragging through every day. And I have no energy to do anything else but exist.

And underneath that is just this nagging ennui that I can't get rid of. I would not say I'm depressed... just ... I don't know. Kinda empty.

Thanks for listening.
I understand what you mean. I go through a lot of that stuff too.

Restriction on diet is one issue I found, and it almost never works. Diets are usually scams and don’t last long. Being more comfortable on what you eat will help you with your relationship with food and not overdo it.

Do you have any allergies or food intolerances? I suggest you examine those and only eat and drink things that you feel won’t mess up your body.

And finally, have you went to see a doctor about your constant fatigue? I have the same problem and I’m going to my appointment this Friday.

I’m really sorry you’re going through all this. I hope things get better for you. :)

I understand what you mean. I go through a lot of that stuff too.

Restriction on diet is one issue I found, and it almost never works. Diets are usually scams and don’t last long. Being more comfortable on what you eat will help you with your relationship with food and not overdo it.

Do you have any allergies or food intolerances? I suggest you examine those and only eat and drink things that you feel won’t mess up your body.

And finally, have you went to see a doctor about your constant fatigue? I have the same problem and I’m going to my appointment this Friday.

I’m really sorry you’re going through all this. I hope things get better for you. :)
Thanks - no food allergies or sensitivities. I don't usually have an issue with fatigue per se but I do occasionally have episodes of insomnia and panic/anxiety issues. I am seeing my doctor this Friday for an unrelated issue, but hopefully I can talk to him about it.

That's my clue, when l start craving (exactly) sugar coffee. Just anything to feel good. I just up my intake with caffeine. Good luck.

Have you discussed your concerns with your prof. While it may not provide that much relief, they might be able to offer deadline extensions with papers and assignments to give a bit of breathing room.

Have you discussed your concerns with your prof. While it may not provide that much relief, they might be able to offer deadline extensions with papers and assignments to give a bit of breathing room.
I haven't actually - I've started to feel a bit better and those feelings are starting to pass.

It helped a lot that I got two full nights of unbroken sleep! I admit I cheated a bit and took a small dose of cyclobenzaprine that I had on hand from an old back injury.

Anyway if I did have some concerns with my assignment being late I would not hesitate to contact my instructor, at the moment though I don't think it will be a problem, thankfully.

It's great you came here to discuss this. It helps others here understand we come from all walks of life.

New Threads

Top Bottom