• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New at this point, AS, and social media

BlueCobra

Hiya ppls, I'm 40 year old male and recently come to believe I probably have aspergers, my 18m son was diagnosed 3 years ago with AS, as I had started reading up on it, it basically explains who I am, or my life's story, of turmoil, meltdowns, depression. . Right into agoraphobia,I'm getting help for myself at the moment, but when it clicked in my head the thought that I could be, honestly explains so much to me, so yeah, I live rural, and tend to avoid, people,. . I not that big into social media absolutely, there's been periods of time I speak to no one,I was diagnosed with an above average I.Q as a kid, even skipped a grade, I'm a skilled person in many things, but with social zero, it makes it difficult, I am trying hence this. . I wouldn't be surprised if my mother may be aswell, she has never been the person to socialize much, she was always a hard worker, I don't know what to expect from this post. . But the knowledge I found so far feels like weight off my shoulders, now to find out what intrigues me the most,and formulate plan wake up life 3.0,I've also been known not too smile too often, it been said a few times in life, guess that's it for now, enjoy your day/night

Welcome aboard. I'm glad you have found this community and I hope you enjoy it.
Best wishes.
Rocco
IMG_2770.JPG

Hello and Welcome to AspiesCentral. I hope that you enjoy yourself and make some new friends.

'lo.

I don't smile all too often - well, it seems like I don't. My face looks quite dead pan unless it's something that really provokes an emotion. It's possible that people don't see my slight smiles through my facial hair though.

'lo.

I don't smile all too often - well, it seems like I don't. My face looks quite dead pan unless it's something that really provokes an emotion. It's possible that people don't see my slight smiles through my facial hair though.
Exactly, and yes I have facial hair too,everyone is welcoming here, not something I'm used to

Hiya ppls, I'm 40 year old male and recently come to believe I probably have aspergers, my 18m son was diagnosed 3 years ago with AS, as I had started reading up on it, it basically explains who I am, or my life's story, of turmoil, meltdowns, depression. . Right into agoraphobia,I'm getting help for myself at the moment, but when it clicked in my head the thought that I could be, honestly explains so much to me, so yeah, I live rural, and tend to avoid, people,. . I not that big into social media absolutely, there's been periods of time I speak to no one,I was diagnosed with an above average I.Q as a kid, even skipped a grade, I'm a skilled person in many things, but with social zero, it makes it difficult, I am trying hence this. . I wouldn't be surprised if my mother may be aswell, she has never been the person to socialize much, she was always a hard worker, I don't know what to expect from this post. . But the knowledge I found so far feels like weight off my shoulders, now to find out what intrigues me the most,and formulate plan wake up life 3.0,I've also been known not too smile too often, it been said a few times in life, guess that's it for now, enjoy your day/night
Welcome aboard. I'm glad you have found this community and I hope you enjoy it.
Best wishes.
Rocco View attachment 31323
I really like your canvas, yours?

1486383524358117839226.jpg I like art and paintings, this one I felt describes me,an amazing ship with vast capabilities all by itself in stormy waters

I really like your canvas, yours?
Thank you :). Yes I paint with acrylics. This is one of mine. I always try to welcome new members with an image, as a sort of welcoming gift. This is an exceptional place with such a diverse membership, I'm always happy to see people join the "family"

New Threads

Top Bottom