• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My 7 year old brother damaged my expensive tripod!

Ephraim Becker

V.I.P Member
A year ago, I spent a lot of money on a Green Screen and a tripod and other equipment to make my own Green Screen videos. I temporarily stopped doing Green Screen videos because there wasn't that much space in the basement filming Green Screen videos and the new Guinea Pig, that my sisters like, is in the basement and makes enough noise to ruin the whole Green Screen filming. For a while, my expensive Green Screen equipment was in the basement until my 7-year-old brother had the nerve to touch my expensive $50 tripod. Now my tripod doesn't stand still and one of the legs can't be adjustable. Is there any product I can buy that I can, for example, activate a zapper on my phone and if someone touches my expensive stuff would get badly zapped and fear to go near my stuff again? I can't afford this.

I complained to my mother about this and she told me that "we'll discuss it when Tatty gets home." (I and all my other siblings call my father Tatty). I don't want this to happen all the time.

Is there any product I can buy that I can, for example, activate a zapper on my phone and if someone touches my expensive stuff would get badly zapped and fear to go near my stuff again?
Not likely. Such an electrical device would be hard to regulate. A shock that would cause a deterrent pain to your brother could disrupt another person's pace-maker, for example. Even a taser, while designed to be non-lethal, can be lethal under the wrong circumstances.

Your best course of action is to repair*/replace the tripod and lock it away when you aren't using it.

*A local photography shop may be able to help.

Pad-lockable storage bin...? Foam lining helps.

(I've raised nine people past 7yo. My 23yo DD/ward still has a mental age of 18 mos.)

Last edited:
My brother used to put everything in his bedroom that he liked such as his coin collection, and put a lock on the door so no one could go in there. He could also lock it from the inside with a slide bolt.

Guinea pig? Never had one, do they actually make that much noise?

Guinea pig? Never had one, do they actually make that much noise?

REEK REEK REEK!

Yeah, pretty much. :p

Seems to me buying a storage trunk with a lock would do nicely in protecting photographic equipment.

New Threads

Top Bottom