• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Maybe too meticulous?

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Tonight, camera club meeting, I escaped the AGM without being voted onto the executive

But lighting... One volunteer role I do in the club is to run the lighting, as we meet in a professional theatre building, it's not very complex... When we played some videos, I dimmed the lights as always, there is a full lighting board to work with... I saw some lights pointing at the floor, making the theatre not very dark... I carefully went down the stairs to see what was going on, figured out which light it was and where it was on the lighting board and turned it off...

Talking with a couple people after the meeting, I almost think I might have been the only one to notice it, whereas I enjoy fine tuning the lighting to get it right where I want it, where I think it works the best, hardly anyone notices probably but I do :p

Maybe I missed my calling, not that I'm any kind of expert :cool:

As a Sherlock fan forever, there's no such thing as too meticulous, haha.

If you've not ever tried looking into or having done rigging work for films, give it a shot. It's an expertise that pays very well if licensed or hired on with a union crew, either way. So, so many people don't understand how important it is to the look of cinema, as well. Even at 24 frames per second footage, the wrong lighting can make it look like it's live studio footage and too glossy.

When I wired a small theatre, I put in a custom circuit and two different size light bulbs in the EXIT signs. When the house lighting went down, you could put those lights in series, so the one at the rear was dimmer, and the one beside the stage was still easily visible, but never distracting.
Another time, I had a full lighting board to work with, and put on a nice amber for a show. My boss came in, didn't notice the stage itself, but just glanced up and saw the red and green lights on, and demanded white only.

New Threads

Top Bottom