• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Magic The Gathering

Propianotuner

V.I.P Member
Who else is a rabid MTG fanatic? I mostly play Standard decks but have been dabbling in MTG for almost 20 years and will play in other formats or simply enjoy watching the pros or even amateurs play.

The decks I'm running right now are a white black zombie cycling deck with heavy aggro, menace, cartouches and mark of the vampire for lifelink and a little ramp later on if things stretch on too much, with vile manifestations that improve every turn because I constantly cycle spells and desert lands. It's a solid deck but not super competitive, not something I'd rely on when I go to a showdown.

Next is my God Pharaoh's Gift Deck. It's not your typically expected blue-white deck, because I didn't want to clone a meta deck such as Pascal's during the last pro tour, what with the angel of invention, champion of wits, etc. Instead I'm running green-white and capitalizing on good card draw such as Rhona's Benefaction and patiently stalling my opponent until I can play Gate to the Afterlife, get the Gift out, and begin spamming the board with Angel of Invention and different other different angels, e.g. the good options from Amonkhet with cycling. It utilizes cycling to make up for not having blue options. You don't have the tempo of blue white because you can't rapidly burn down your library through Glimmer of Genius, Champion of Wits, Opt, Strategic Planning, etc., but green has super solid answers to what's in the meta and has more staying power in the late game, where you can play Ajani and exile something or draw every turn, use a Blinding Fog so you can swing your flying angels with impunity, so many great options.

Maybe my most solid currently is my white black tokens deck. It's what I'll use to shoot for the top 4 in the next showdown near me, hopefully win a bunch of boosters. The only 8 creatures are 4 copies each of Anointer Priest and Angel of Invention. Sram's Expertise (this is a workhorse and at the expense of that many tokens I will keep one in my hand for the late game), Servo Exhibition, Queen's Commission, Legion's Landing, Call to the Feast, and the Angel of Invention's fabricate effect all flood the board with servo tokens and lifelink tokens. Best case scenario is that there is enough life gain and white control spells going for us (e.g. Ixalan's Binding, Cast Out) to stall the opponent until I can get one or more copies of Anointed Procession and Hidden Stockpile on the field.

Then I can sacrifice a token every turn to scry and multiply my token count just through that, not to mention Anointed Procession doubling my gains every time I cast one of the vast majority of my spells. Sram's Expertise becomes godly at this point, able to generate six tokens on it's own and cast Exhibition or Commission for free to generate four more. Add in an angel's anthem effect, sacrifice a Shefet Dunes, or build up counters on Call for Unity, and you are either swinging for lethal damage or forcing a board wipe. However, board wipes aren't a problem because by the time opponents opt for one I have probably run across one of my four copies of Fumigate. I may even wipe my own board before they do because of how much faster I can spam points of damage and lifelink on the board. It is a bummer if Settle the Wreckage is played and the Anointer Priest is exiled and River's Rebuke works disgustingly well against the deck but you don't run into it all that much.

New Threads

Top Bottom