• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is this an Aspie thing?

Except perhaps tacos. They're a big deal to me and always have been. Always will be. :)

Gotta love a taco!
South American food really didn't start to become available here properly until the 1990s but it's become another one I really like to explore :)

Gotta love a taco!
South American food really didn't start to become available here properly until the 1990s but it's become another one I really like to explore :)

I was eating tacos in 1961 when for all intents and purposes no one had even heard of them. ;)

Back then my mother had to go to some effort to find the ingredients. :cool:

It proved to be so novel that I drafted her to make tacos for my grade school class. My teacher loved the idea. Mom- not so much. :eek:

Funny to think that of anything that reflects absolute continuity in my life from beginning to a likely end, it would be tacos. Is that an Aspie thing? Good question. ;)

I can't speak for anyone else, but continuity is important to me, and I've read it can be to many on the spectrum so I agree it would make for an interesting discussion here.

I can't speak for anyone else, but continuity is important to me, and I've read it can be to many on the spectrum so I agree it would make for an interesting discussion here.

That's what makes my strained relationship with my cousin so upsetting at times. Only the second relative I ever had living in close proximity to me, and that she's existed in my life on and off since we were five years old. Apart from a bit of "tongue-in-cheek" comments about tacos, she represents the most profound example of real continuity in my life. That she matters a great deal to me.

I’m like that aswell,if you asked me what my favourite animal would be it would be a dog and what my two favourite colours are is pink and purple but if you asked me to pick a favourite doll from my collection it would be hard because I love all of them.

My favorite color has always been blue. It calms me. When I was a kid my favorite food would have been pork & beans. I wanted that for all my meals but could only get it 1x daily and that was usually breakfast. I would throw a fit untill I got it. Then when I was around 6 hamburgers became my favorite meal. I would eat them regardless of the restaurant we went to. I did this up till my 20’s and still into my 30’s. I finally became aware that that was not “the norm” and tried to order other foods on the menu. I felt sad and missed my hamburgers though. I am not aware of a favorite food now. When I was a kid my favorite song was ***** Cat. It was an old song on a 45 that my mom had. I would always get excited when she played it and I would listen to it over and over again until the family could not take it anymore. I visualized a kitty cat but the song had nothing to do with cats. I have had favorite songs growing up, but am not sure if I had a favorite. Maybe.

I do know that when we went to places like Baskin & Robins or Subway where I had to choose what I wanted, it would frustrate me so. I hated those places.

Last edited:
No, but thank you so much for looking! I decided to look up my old favorite song and am really glad I did. I will post it if anyone is interested. It is from 1958. I was 3 years old when it came out. I needed this. Thanks again.

New Threads

Top Bottom