• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"I'm not a psychopath I'm a high functioning sociopath, do your research"

alastair.robin

Hi there, my name's Alastair and I'm undiagnosed but definitely somewhere on the autism spectrum. I'm here pretty much to find out more about Aspergers, Autism etc.

I'm from New Zealand. I'm a student studying Fine Arts, one day I hope to be a teacher. I like things, things I like include Sherlock BBC and the original Sherlock Holmes (did you understand my title reference?), Supernatural the TV show, films, especially Hayao Miyazaki films, Art (painting esp), writing, cats, buttons, knitted blankets, paranormal things, flowers/trees, travelling, libraries and hats.

Also I like imaginary things, I have a bunch of people who live inside my head who I talk to a lot, and I draw pictures of them sometimes (if you want to see you can go here)

:)

Welcome to AC

I don't think asperger's necessarily means a person is a sociopath. I think I am very emotional, and when people around me are upset I am overwhelmed and scared. I was looking at pictures of baby elephants with their mom's and kept crying. From what I read it seems to be more about if as an aspie you can relate to it. If something bad happens to someone else, and you can conect it to something that has happened to you, it can be overwhelming, but if you can't relate it to something that happened to you, then you don't know what to feel. Also I have noticed when talking to my sister, she will mention something that happened to someone, and she doesn't feel bad, but that person will be someone who was very cruel to her, so I find it hard to feel sorry for them.

Don't worry, the sociopath thing is just a quote from Sherlock XD

Alastair Tenpenny? It's the opposite with me, people call me a sociopath when I'm a psychopath instead.
Haha noo. I thought that was spelt 'Allistair Tenpenny'

Welcome to AC

I don't think asperger's necessarily means a person is a sociopath. I think I am very emotional, and when people around me are upset I am overwhelmed and scared. I was looking at pictures of baby elephants with their mom's and kept crying. From what I read it seems to be more about if as an aspie you can relate to it. If something bad happens to someone else, and you can conect it to something that has happened to you, it can be overwhelming, but if you can't relate it to something that happened to you, then you don't know what to feel. Also I have noticed when talking to my sister, she will mention something that happened to someone, and she doesn't feel bad, but that person will be someone who was very cruel to her, so I find it hard to feel sorry for them.
Yes I know exactly what you mean, if I can't relate what someone else is going through to my own experiences then I don't know that they're feeling. And the sociopath quote is from Sherlock (Don't worry hun I'm not implying anyone here is a sociopath/psychopath)

Last edited by a moderator:

New Threads

Top Bottom