• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want to find more info on an animated short that I think is lost media….

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Now go away!*
V.I.P Member
I’m not sure where else to write down what I remember from this short as the lostmedia Reddit group deleted my post because I didn’t have any screenshots or video of it to prove it exists. I cannot find any info at all on it either.

The cartoon I’m searching for was about this Daisy with a face and white petals surrounding it in a flowerpot sitting on either a counter or desk and the wall is possibly tiled (I remember it being checkerboard like) looking sad and depressed. Then Louis Armstrong’s What a Wonderful World starts to play on the radio which perks up the Daisy and makes it super happy. From there the flower dances to the music while smiling joyfully until the song ends. The cartoon is definitely not Joy Street which also used a version of What a Wonderful World.

This cartoon would be played on occasion in between shows on Nickelodeon in the early 90s. I cannot find anything proving that this is real and I know that I didn’t imagine it because I saw this cartoon at least forty times between the ages of five and seven. I remember hearing the Louis Armstrong version of What a Wonderful World when I was around ten or eleven and I instantly recognized it as being the song in the cartoon due to his raspy voice. Does anyone know what I’m talking about here?

I don't recall it. It feels vaguely familiar, but I'm probably just picturing what you described. I could have easily seen it, but have no real memory of it.

This is uncanny. Does it have long, white oval eyes? And is bouncing up and down?

I hate this feeling. I know exactly what you're talking about

This is uncanny. Does it have long, white oval eyes? And is bouncing up and down?

I hate this feeling. I know exactly what you're talking about
I don’t really remember the eyes other than they were cartoony but yes, the flower was bouncing up and down while swaying to the music. I just remember it was shown almost daily on Nickelodeon between the years 1990 and 1993. I want to say the animation was early 3D CGI and the graphics weren’t exactly smooth and clean looking but not extremely awful looking either. It was sort of like the Money For Nothing music video animation.

Is this it...?
What A Wonderful World, Pep & Perk
This isn’t it. It was clearly Louis Armstrong’s singing and the setting was inside a house or building and there was a radio nearby. It also wasn’t Flash animated as this aired long before Flash and home computers were relatively common and easy to access.

New Threads

Top Bottom