• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Talk Round The World And Back...

Captain Caveman

V.I.P Member
Apologize for long replies and posts, but it is how my mind works to avoid hitting "Mindblank", as sometimes when I try to talk directly I can hit mindblank, so I keep shifting to go off on tangents and talk round what I need to say so I can eventually come back to answer it from a different angle if that makes sense? (Those who get the same will uderstand what I mean!)
And no. It is NOT fits, as I was tested for that! :D :D

I think this thread is about as direct as I can get! :D :D :D :D

Ha. First, what is fits? And second, it sounds to me that there is a different strategy. You write everything you need to write so you don't go blank. When you are done, you leave what you wanted to say and cut the rest.

No worries, loads of us love to infodump, it's a common autism trait, so long replies and posts are always very welcome on here! :)

Ha. First, what is fits? And second, it sounds to me that there is a different strategy. You write everything you need to write so you don't go blank. When you are done, you leave what you wanted to say and cut the rest.

It does not work like that. I hit mindblank the most when at doctors! Is like my mind hits a wall and I can't think of anything, but if I back my mind up a bit in reverse, and shift my mind to think of something else, I can think with no problem.

Fits are things some people get where their brain cells short circuit and their bodies can go into uncontrollable spasms.

(Autism is brain connections that done connect and during development growth, the growth steers into other areas which is why some can be geniuses in some areas but lack in others. Also accounts for hypersensitivities and other special superhuman traits. Bipolar is to do with the chemical balance of the brain. Fits are where the brain connections short circuit between each other. Hope that helps in understanding?)

Last edited:
I think we are "High Bandwidth" communicators! We transmit as much information as we can in the hopes we will be understood.

I've really felt uncomfortable in medical appointment settings. I've noticed people yawning and checking their watches. I think it's a hint that I am to "shut up now", which is rich when they were the ones who turned up 20 minutes late.

Perhaps I'd be more concise if they didn't pretend that they have no idea what I'm trying to say to them. Also, if they didn't drop their silly little vague hints, I wouldn't get distracted and stay on track better.

Funny though, how someone can arrive 20 minutes late for an appointment because "the last one ran over" (sure if you say so, but that doesn't explain why you spent half an hour in the reception office, loudly whining and belittling patients.) and somehow we always finish my appointment 10 minutes early? It's one of life's mysteries I guess. :rolleyes:

I was at an friend's house, and l kinda had that happen. I became overwhelmed with feelings, and l didn't feel like l could verbalize what l was feeling, so l just gathered my stuff and left. To this day, l never explained what happened probably out of shame.

Last edited:
I go all around the world and back to explain something because it is how I think.
I like a lot of details to explain it explicitly. Like painting a picture to understand exactly how it is.

I can tell people become bored and probably think, can't you spit it out?
Then I sometimes think how in a split second all of this happens in my mind but putting it into verbal words takes so long.
And I don't understand why others don't want all the information.

Sometimes the hitting the Mindblank wall happens too.

New Threads

Top Bottom