• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I really want to go to a real life college. It seems so cool. Cool cool cool!

AwesomeAbed

Hey all, I'm Abed. I'm a bit of a director, and a student of the world, as seen through the eyes of John Hughes, Roger Corman and occasionally Stanley Kubrick. I'm also a legally emancipated ward of the state. My mother left my father and I, and Dad was sent off to Guantanamo Bay after he got a police officer's falafel order wrong. I bet that Guantanamo is a lot like "The Rock" only mixed with "Nothing but Trouble." I've been raised by TV most of my life, anyway. My favorite shows right now are "Cougartown" and "Dr.Who." Cool cool cool.

Anyway, I wanted to share my fiction with you guys. I've written it in the format of a TV show. I hope that one day, somehow, it'll make it on the air. (I'm shooting for 6 seasons and a movie!) It's about a ragtag bunch of community college students who bond over friendship, movie references, humor, TV references, sexual tension and pop cultural references. Keep an eye out for a character who might bear a passing resemblance to me. I'll try not to break the immersion, but no promises. Oh man, it's actually going to be so meta at some points. I think you guys will love it. Cool cool cool. [I'm sorry, I have to end all of my statements with that; it's a tick.]

Cool cool cool.

COLD OPEN
FADE IN:
EXT. COURTYARD - DAY
The campus of a large but humble community college a few
miles from your home. Cambridge bells chime.
Actually, the bells are playing on an old boom box, which is
now stopped by Dean PELTON [40s, rotund], who is holding a
microphone hooked up to it. He is on a small stage at the
front of the courtyard.
He starts to speak into the microphone, realizes it?s not
working and fiddles with the boombox switches. He begins to
speak, but a Busta Rhymes cd starts playing instead:
BUSTA RHYMES
(on cd)
Yo. I?m high as hell right now,
and I?m about to bust your ass
open, but first -
Pelton, an apparently humorless man, frantically figures out
how to stop the cd, then addresses the students.
PELTON
Good morning. Many of you are
halfway through your first week
here at Greendale and, as dean, I
thought I would share a word of
inspiration.
Pelton reads from a small stack of index cards:
PELTON (CONT?D)
What is Community College? Well,
you?ve heard all kinds of things.
You?ve heard it?s ?loser college?
for young people who couldn?t make
the cut at a university.
ANNIE [18, tightly wound, sweater vest] is walking through
the courtyard when she hears this, causing her to stop.
TROY [18, letter jacket, All American], is seated on a bench
with a breakfast burrito. He looks up, a little put-off.
PELTON (CONT?D)
It?s ?halfway school? for
twentysomething dropouts, crawling
back to society with unskilled
tails between their legs.

New Threads

Top Bottom