• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hitler had AS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler%27s_health

Try this link, it might work a bit better.

As for "claims that he was hallucinating and delusional during his last year of life" as a basis for claiming that he was schizophrenic and/or bipolar, I strongly suspect that his heavy use of methamphetamine is far more likely to have caused the symptoms described than any schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.

Given that Hans Asperger didn't even start describing aspergers syndrome until 1944, and Hitler died in 1945, that would have to be purely speculative since he likely never encountered anybody in life that even had a clue what AS is. I don't feel that there is any such "proof" that can be found based purely on posthumous observations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler%27s_health

Try this link, it might work a bit better.

As for "claims that he was hallucinating and delusional during his last year of life" as a basis for claiming that he was schizophrenic and/or bipolar, I strongly suspect that his heavy use of methamphetamine is far more likely to have caused the symptoms described than any schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.

He rose to power long before that, and he DID have AS, he may have had a double-hit, but he had AS at least.

He rose to power long before that, and he DID have AS, he may have had a double-hit, but he had AS at least.

I was referring to Hitler being delusional and having hallucinations towards the end, as referred to in the link, being most likely linked to methamphetamine use. Not the possible Aspergers syndrome. As the link says, part of the diagnostic criteria for Aspergers is that you cannot have schizophrenia at the same time. So what I was pointing out was that the argument that Hitler showed signs of schizophrenia, and therefore could not have had AS, doesn't hold water.

The definition of AS and the definition of AS now has changed a lot since then, and I doubt any formal diagnosis/assessment would have been made.
The criteria listed that he does meet could have had other causes tbh.
Most of them down to him being a complete misanthrope and hating humans in general. This leading him to being perceived as socially awkward but really just wanting to get away from them, and him narrowing his interests into subjects not socially-related.
But I do see it as a possibility. He's probably more AS than the average person. I've wondered at times if Hitler was AS.
What I do think though is that AS people generally aren't so prejudiced, because most are objective. But IDK about that statement because I know loads of AS people who aren't/
EMZ=]

Hitler had Artritis aswell...Hitler could've had AS/HFA because the guy was somehow genius aswell
sleep.gif

A lot of people on the spectrum have above average IQs. It's actually more common to have an above average IQ than a normal IQ on the spectrum.
EMZ=]

New Threads

Top Bottom