• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello: Have I found the right place?

Hi, maybe you can find other friends online here and than we later see if there are some close to you? I am from Germany.

I can introduce you to some autist friend of mine, if you want. She is very ineligent but more interested in arts. She as well very young compared to you. But maybe we can build some kind of network.

Please describe me what you mean by blood sugar crisis? Maybe this aplies to my brain too.

It is called Hypoglycemia and is the opposite of diabetes, that is low blood sugar rather than high. There are two types, fasting and reactive. Fortunately I have fasting, so I can control mine with diet by eating less, quite often, and balancing my eating with my activity level and coffee consumption. This first manifested itself when I was about 16 and has barely gotten worse since. Most research on the Net tries to say it only occurs in diabetics taking too much insulin, however my doctor disagrees and says it can be an issue all unto itself. In researching for this response , I just discovered that night sweats can result from this, and I frequently have them. Interesting!
As far as meeting fellow ASPIEs, I kinda meant in person, the only resource I have is the Senior Center and mostly that feels like a group of people waiting to die. I joined Aspieology, but all that bought me was a younger lady telling me not to write her again as I was too old. I don't fully understand how you can be too old to be a pen pal. I can only assume that some ASPIEs are as judgemental as NTs, oh well, no winning!

aspergers-autism.jpg

So I am wondering, seeing as how my tinnitus seems to be getting louder and louder, if at some time it is going to be so loud that I can't "hear myself think" which should be interesting as I really need peace and quiet to think. Mentally, I can not "walk and chew gum at the same time". So for 50 years my coping method has been smoking which I had to quit if I wanted to continue breathing. My main enjoyment in life was eating and sleeping, I have to curtail my calorie intake as, with not smoking, I am gaining weight, and my sleep is being interrupted due to medical issues. So I need to reorder my entire life, anybody out there have any suggestions? I have NEVER asked for help in my life as I always believed if I couldn't do it by my self I wasn't trying hard enough, however after contemplating this for close to a year, I have no solutions. It would seem that in the autumn of life it gradually becomes more and more difficult and scarier to be an "island".

Does anyone else occasionally have micro olfactory hallucinations that alter your mood at the time, lasting mere milliseconds? These are VERY positive episodes sometimes taking you back to childhood or some really nice time as though you were actually there. Always leaving you wanting more or longer experiences! My last one even included a visual hallucination.

New Threads

Top Bottom