• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good age to diagnose personality disorders

I misidentified people as being the same person in disguise, due to commutation delays as peopleś and even animal´s looked the same.

It was not a delusion per se, but it is still Fregoli Syndrome. I was self-aware itś not normal and I hid it from my family members until I turned 18 years old, as I was embarrassed.

Although I had symptoms of Unspecified Personality Disorder symptoms with paranoid fantasies prior to Bipolar 1 Disorder, and although I have Autism Spectrum and it's a neurodevelopmental disorder, I would still get death penalty if I acted on my paranoid fantasies as it's plans of class A felonies, and also because I am not intellectually disabled.

Although your brain is not that developed until age 25-26, it's a good idea to diagnose mental disorders at age 12-15 as soon it develops to improve the symptoms rather than just waiting for it to become worse until it turns into delusions and hallucinations. If Premorbid Personality Disorder is emerging in young adulthood before Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders, it's best to diagnose it at age 18 if it is severe or age 23 if it is mild, so you can no longer meet the diagnostic criteria for mental disorder and get it treated as soon as possible.

Thank you for helping me and giving me advice on how to deal with my symptoms of Paranoid Personality Disorder, I need to learn how to chill as I learned that using Paranoid Personality Disorder as a legal insanity defense is not a very good excuse and I would get severely punished if I acted upon it.

Some personality disorders can be diagnosed in preschool. Some disorders do not manifest until later in life. You can manifest a disorder at any age in life. It is just most common for one to manifest during or just beyond puberty. There's no specific ideal age range for diagnosis.

Diagnosis needs to happen as early as is consistent with accuracy and confidence. That maximizes the chance of help that will mitigate later problems in life.

There is an age cutoff for age 18+ for Antisocial Personality Disorder, and maybe it's because the consequences and civil commitment are much harsher for adults than for children, but still, you are a youth until age 25 and there is a debate if young adults under 20-22 should be tried as juveniles.

There are cases of 16 or 17-year-olds being diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder as well, but that is not the norm and it is rare.

Antisocial Personality Disorder should be diagnosed if children commit crimes due to mental illness and can be tried as adults, as an exception, but that is arbitrary and should only be diagnosed in adulthood.

I feel bad for wanting to murder police officers, at age 15 I had delusional beliefs that the corrupted military police officers were following me and were everywhere.

I was violent, because I was hallucinating that highschoolers where calling for help and I had to do a mission to save poor innocent lifes, and I had panic attacks and was aggressive, because they wouldn't let me run away from classroom.

There is an age cutoff for age 18+ for Antisocial Personality Disorder, and maybe it's because the consequences and civil commitment are much harsher for adults than for children, but still, you are a youth until age 25 and there is a debate if young adults under 20-22 should be tried as juveniles.
A trained and experienced professional can accurately diagnose serious autism by the age of two.

Antisocial Personality Disorder is usually not diagnosed before 18, but one can get a diagnosis of "Conduct Disorder" for the same symptoms before the age of ten. Early onset "conduct disorder" is often followed by APD diagnosis later in life.

I reiterate my position that personality disorders should be diagnosed at the earliest age that is consistent with confidence and accuracy.

A trained and experienced professional can accurately diagnose serious autism by the age of two.

Antisocial Personality Disorder is usually not diagnosed before 18, but one can get a diagnosis of "Conduct Disorder" for the same symptoms before the age of ten. Early onset "conduct disorder" is often followed by APD diagnosis later in life.

I reiterate my position that personality disorders should be diagnosed at the earliest age that is consistent with confidence and accuracy.

Now I kind of understand your point, it is just that the number 18-19 is teenage, maybe age 20 or 21 with drinking legal age makes more sense to diagnose personality disorders

Mabe age 16 makes more sense to diagnose personality disorders, just like you have to be at least 16 years old and 5 years older than a child to be diagnosed with Pedophilic Disorder.

I'm learning to ignore politics and side with bad people online.

I have been abused online by toxic people and that made me have symptoms of Unspecified Personality Disorder prior to the onset of Bipolar 1 Disorder.

I had to stop and learn the consequences of my actions as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom