• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Friends?

where i live there is only support for children under 16. nothing for people in there 20's. I still get random people my age and younger insulting me in clubs, on the street and anywhere. Im just used to no friends and to people not liking me

There's supposed to be more help for adults with Autism/ Aspergers coming soon, so I hope that's the case where you live. I can't, effectively, go to my local 'support' group, anyway, as it's too much like the same problems there. Anybody got any advice for it all?

I dont know hwere you heard that but that is wrong. Any help for any disability including autism is getting major cuts this year so help will be dropping not getting better.

Since I'd rather there wasn't any 'support' than the sort offered around here (which consists of the same sorts of stuff as I wanted help with), I hope you're right. According to my care-co-ordinator, however, the Autism centre around here, which started a while ago for children, is expanding it's services for adults. The only reasons for that should apply anywhere else, so it may be worth checking just what is happening.

New Threads

Top Bottom