• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Food and Drink Packaging Changes

W

Willow

I don't know if it's just me...but it really REALLY bothers me when my favourite food and drink's packaging changes. Recently, my Orange Juice carton has had a makeover twice in one week. I don't understand :| ! I never got used to the first change as I was convinced it tasted different, but then they changed again and I'm all confused again. It does taste more like the original one, which is a good thing. But it's totally changed appearance. :thumbsdown: :( This kind of thing just really throws me off and I hate it. It's just so uncalled for. :angry:

View attachment 41

In the photo the middle one is the original one, my favourite. The left hand side is the first change, and the right hand side is what it now looks like.

Attachments

• SAM_2066.JPG
    SAM_2066.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
 Hmm... well the reason that the package design is different on each because they are all different sizes. The first is a 2 litre which is branded as a family pack, the middle just a normal 1.75 litre and the third is a 1.5 litre and so it's branded as a value pack. If you keep buying the middle one, the packaging will be the same. If you keep buying the first, then it will always have the "family pack" branding/design.

As for the taste, sometimes in drinks you find that the taste can vary depending on where it was manufactured or if the company decides to change the recipe. It just depends but usually a change in taste isn't permanent unless the recipe was changed. A particular batch of drinks may taste slightly different from another batch as you can't possibly make every individual drink taste the exact same, even if they use the same recipe.

Do you get it now?   :)

They stopped doing the middle one. I'm aware they're different sizes. But the shops in my town stopped doing the middle one and started doing the left hand side one, and then stopped doing the left hand side one and started doing the right hand side one.

Reminds me of an experiment where wine-tasters dubbed cheap-wine better than another, expensive aged wine.

I used to be like that when it was younger when it came to taste. Minor differences and I'll notice them, and it can just wreck the food for me.
I'm no where near as bad as I used to be though.
Packaging doesn't bother me as much. It's a tiny bit upsetting but it's just like, 'oh well...idiots >_>...' xD.
EMZ=]

By the way, apologies if my first post came across in a negative/patronizing way. I was just in the mood for a long-winded answer.  :)

So yeah, basically different size = different design (you did say you were confused, right?). The taste part i've explained.  :D

It also annoys me. When packing change sometimes takes me longer to find the product I am looking for.

New Threads

Top Bottom