• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fingernails

V.I.P Member
Does anyone else have fingernails that grow ridiculously fast?

I need to cut my fingernails every few days. At least. And not just a little trim.

From Wikipedia: "In humans, nails grow at an average rate of 3 mm (0.12 in) a month". I am sure that mine grow significantly more than that in a week.

My son, who has a few eccentricities (like me) has exactly the same issue. My daughter, who is more like a regular kid, has fingernails that grow at a more average rate.

I have reasonably long nails but I think that's more a reluctance to cut them than then growing fast.
I've not cut them in around a month now, and I don't like the idea of biting my finger nails.
EMZ=]

I pick my finger nails constantly, so they must grow pretty fast. I always have something to pick when I want to. Nervous Habit.

Mine don't grow that fast and when they do they break or snap because they're so weak. :(

I have very long fingernails, but I have attributed this to drinking 30 pints of milk a week. Anyone else here drink a hell of a lot of milk?

I drink a lot of milk. More than 30 pints. Or I used to, don't really get an opportunity any more with living at Willow's. A worthy sacrifice though. :D

I'd say ASD's and milk were related but...I hate it to the point of a phobia. Milk that is...not ASD's. lol

I LVOE MILK! Usually just plain white milk is the best. I can drink a gallon of milk a day.

My fingernails grow slow like Willow's and like hers, they break, but they're very thick. I think she said hers are thin. Sometimes mine are so thick they can't bend or break, other times they're just normal and come off. They sometimes grow like I have a manicure. For some reason one of them has dents in it now (and not the end where it falls off or gets cut off or filed down). I also have white spots on them. Have for years, most of the time. Like, what am I supposed to eat to make it fall off? Some say it's lack of iron but I think I eat a normal amount of meat. Some say milk and grapes are all we need... milk has everything but iron and grapes have the iron. Hmmm. I love those Concord grapes. They actually taste like GRAPES, not water.

Lately I've been doing something I never did before... biting my nails.

Eeew, they have this purple stuff under them, probably from the berries I ate with my hands. Should I use a toothpick or just file them down until there is no sign of any purple any more, or just wash my hands with the right substance?

They sometimes grow like I have a manicure. For some reason one of them has dents in it now (and not the end where it falls off or gets cut off or filed down). I also have white spots on them.
I have the same problem. They're like small dents and you have to look closely to see them.
Right index finger?
I was in a skype chat with 3 people(Michael/Mike, Benedict and Connor/Conni[from here]) and asked them and they didn't have the problem.
Maybe we're just special ^_^.
EMZ=]

Nope; mine is on the little finger of my left hand.

My toenails never grow, btw, except maybe after a year.

I'm glad I'm not you. :D

My fingernails grow like 12 times faster than my toenails. Which are ugly btw, maybe I'll give myself a pedicure. My smallest toes have such tiny nails they might as well not be there at all.

I had to get them cut by chiropodist person because it caused so many problems and stuff so currently they're okay.
I really hate my toe nails.
I'm scared when I'm older I'll chop them off out of frustration.
EMZ=]

Like, shop your toes off? My bf said his dad had to have a toenail removed once because it was ingrown or something.

I noticed that me and my bf have big, long nails. Some people's nails start very close to the end (actually, most people's from what I've seen). His and mine, however, are the less common ones. Our son has them that kind too, and both my parents. People have been jealous of that. Me and my bf also look very much alike. Our hair is the same color and texture and is no more or less curly or straight than each other's, so if you mixed our hair up you couldn't tell whose was whose. (When I was pregnant and one girl saw us together she said "Now I know what color hair the baby will have!") We look like brother and sister. Same expressions, same face shape, same hands except his are bigger, same frame with a few differences, same tendency to get overweight, same kind of brain of course... same eyes except his are a different color, same nose, same mouth except his lips are a little bigger.

New Threads

Top Bottom