• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finding you have a talent, but can't do anything about it.

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I have discovered a talent with finances and would love to get a job as a financial adviser, but for one thing. My maths is so bad, that it is a bit of shock to some.

Is there anything you are good at, but by all odds it you should not be good?

Contrary to the opinion of me Dad, I'm a decent singer, but he won't go to Karaoke events or let me audition for stuff like BGT or X Factor, so I can't "show off" my talent.

I often hear or read that people on the spectrum are visual learners and find it hard to learn languages, but I've always been good at this.

I often hear or read that people on the spectrum are visual learners and find it hard to learn languages, but I've always been good at this.

I wish I had a flair for languages. It would sure serve me well now lol

Do you speak the language where you live now?

I've been told by family members and others I have a certain talent. And I've tried, to no avail, to share it with the world. It seems that people don't give a damn. When I ponder upon the frustration that people's apathy causes, I am reminded why I am a recluse.

Are you allowed to use youtube?

Yes, but even on there there are no Karaoke contests, just videos with the lyrics to certain songs, you can't record singing on YouTube, apart from if I record myself on my phone and upload it, but having had problems with personal footage of me on YouTube before due to online trolls, I'm loath to do so.

I've been told by family members and others I have a certain talent. And I've tried, to no avail, to share it with the world. It seems that people don't give a damn. When I ponder upon the frustration that people's apathy causes, I am reminded why I am a recluse.

What talent?

My only talents are drawing animals, playing two instruments, and interacting with animals while learning about them. But it's like my talents don't matter because everyone is better than me at them.. I mean, what's the point of calling it a talent when everyone is better than you at it?

I have discovered a talent with finances and would love to get a job as a financial adviser, but for one thing. My maths is so bad, that it is a bit of shock to some.

Is there anything you are good at, but by all odds it you should not be good?
I tend to be very visually spatially uncoordinated and moderately clumsy. By all rights I should not be able to ski, but I can do it very well and gracefully. Who would've ever thought I could do it well?

New Threads

Top Bottom