• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Birds are truly fowl pets.

After birdsitting, I agree. Lol
3E43E724-EB6A-4533-9314-C6F9615EE0BB.jpeg

I feel like when birds look at you, they are looking at your soul. I had to bird sit my neighbors bird named Serratia and I always felt like she was looking at my misdeeds. I had to show a photo with Serratia and my dad bonding.

1682914734443.jpeg

Hehe, reminds me of one of my favorite puns from the first Baldur’s Gate game, where you have an encounter with a talking chicken in the middle of the wilderness, and one of the dialogue options is “This bird is FOWL”.
Aaah, sweet nostalgia.

I feel like when birds look at you, they are looking at your soul. I had to bird sit my neighbors bird named Serratia and I always felt like she was looking at my misdeeds. I had to show a photo with Serratia and my dad bonding.
To be fair it looks like your dad is doing a good job of staring that bird down :D

What? No closeups of the bottom of your bird cage? Come on peeps, share yours!

Now wondering why "the finger" became "the bird". Is that one of those "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" tales ?

Last edited:
Most pet birds are wild animals. They need exercise, mental stimulation, lots of company and interaction. One can't just have a bird in a cage, and just see it a few times a day. The little guy has to be part of the family. The way any pet would be.

Birds are incredibly sociable. They migrate in flocks of several dozen to several thousand.

One thing I enjoyed, when we had our budgie, was at dawn, when the window was open, hearing him reply to the wild bird songs.

At the time, I was very ill, and I couldn't give him the life he deserved. So I gave him to a couple who had an in-home aviary room, where he could be surrounded by others of his own species, with freedom to roam.

New Threads

Top Bottom