• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bipolar

BTW - if you have mood swings but they are debilitating nor affecting your general functioning, then you're most likely not bipolar. The mood swings involved in BP are clinically significant in that they have an obvious, and mostly adverse, impact on a person's life.

So yeah - self-diagnosing is really not a good idea.

Well, generally, my moods don't affect my functioning much. The hypomania caused me to be sectioned for 2 months. I told my CPN when I'd met him last that I felt I was going crazy. Overall, I'm glad it went this way than many ways it could have gone. I'm going to have to do a formal complaint in writing. If I put in there how I feel about the 'treatment', ASAP, while I'm in the sort of mood I can do that, I think I can meet one I saw before.

Well, if you were sectioned for two months - yeah, that's impairing on your functioning. I guess what I'm more referring to is people who say that they are BP, but are otherwise not impaired by their mood swings.

The rest of the time, the inability to find anybody with whom I can discuss anything important to me is the problem. I put my effort into the inane chit chat others want to do.

If only I could make online forums a good enough version of socializing! Course, Mum's like 'that's not real life'. All I get is, basically, 'ignore the problems and hope they go away'. Which was clearly said to not be positive but, of course, those people aren't there to tell the other idiots that. Just about everybody I've ever known did have some friends. Yet it's too much for me to want. Reduce the meaning of life to a pop song & expect me to be happy with that.

New Threads

Top Bottom