• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anyone remember this evanessence lyric quote?

Perkinsj88

Don't try to fix me I'm not broken. Could it be Amy Lee has asperger's? This lyric quote speaks volumes to me, she's very talented musician, known to have depression at some point. What are your thoughts?

To me lyrics like that sound rather generic. So I wouldn't read into them too much. Especially related to autism.

Depression might be referenced as well in lyrics like that. Being depressed (or just feeling a bit down) at times is fine IMO. It reminds you there's ups and downs in life. There's nothing broken about feeling depressed in general, and being dysfunctional for small period isn't neccesarily something that needs 'brute force' fixing.

And this is coming from someone who feels down regularly for a variety of reasons.

New Threads

Top Bottom