• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Academy Award Nominations

Jacki Cucinotta

So, the Oscar noms were released this morning. What does everyone think of the nominations - reactions, thoughts, frustrations?

I admit that the only of those films I ever saw were Lincoln and Beasts of the Southern Wild, and I can't lie: I hated both of them. I know, I know...Hang me! :cool:

That's ok. Not every film can be liked. I saw Beasts of the Southern Wild too (I thought it was a great movie sorry). I don't think either movie will win Best Picture because, based on what I heard, I feel that honor will go to Zero Dark Thirty.

I'm just so overjoyed, and surprised, that Quvenzhan? Wallis (from Beasts of the Southern Wild) has been nominated for Best Actress. She truly deserves it, I think, for such an amazingly powerful and convincing performance. I'm so glad the producers decided to campaign for the awards, and I hope history will be made with the youngest winner in history.

Other nominations were hardly a surprise to me, and I can't wait to see Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty, (it will be another month before Australia gets them). However, I do wish that Dark Shadows, and The Dark Knight Rises had gotten some recognition for art direction or sound and editing, and that The Sapphires was nominated for its wonderful music, and that Rise of the Guardians was nominated for Best Animated Feature Film, but I still think all the nominees are worthy, especially Argo and Les Miserables, both of which I've seen and loved.

I don't generally care much about Oscar nominations, but I was a bit disappointed that this beautiful song written for Django Unchained didn't get nominated:

Last edited by a moderator:

New Threads

Top Bottom