• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thou shalt not compare

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
:rolleyes:

Perusing the (evil) Facebook, looking at photos from a well known local car show photographer

I may have made some slightly negative comments, partially because our Calgary car show scene pales in comparison to other large cities here in Alberta

There is a very well organized weekday cruise night in a city about 1.5 hours north of me, and here there is one large one that is not very well run

Option A? Just too far of a drive on a weekday evening after a day of work

At one point I may have a comment I really shouldn't have, after that I realized that that is a rather negative thing to do, it reflects negatively on me

I do need to focus more on what I get to see, I am aware of a few really neat classic cars elsewhere in the province and tend to focus on them, with no guarantee I'll ever see them... And I need to simply appreciate some of the local cars that are also neat and interesting, that I can easily take for granted because of familiarity

And just live my life anyway! Not worry about anyone else, plus I don't know their stories... I do suspect the other photographer may do it for a living so on that assumption has far more time to do all that classic car stuff than I do

There must be some crazy retrograde or transit going on, because a similar thing happened to me last night. Got caught up in a flamewar that blew out of proportion, one I did not intend nor want to have, because I typed one small phrase that I didn't word quite carefully or sensitively enough, and the other poster took offense (fair enough, though my meaning wasn't malicious). It happens. All we can do is apologise, find perspective (the way you seem to have done) and keep it pushing.

Oh dear, stress will send me spinning out of control. With anger directed maybe not so well. But l remember if people have given me horrible advice which ends up costing me thousands of dollars.

There must be some crazy retrograde or transit going on, because a similar thing happened to me last night. Got caught up in a flamewar that blew out of proportion, one I did not intend nor want to have, because I typed one small phrase that I didn't word quite carefully or sensitively enough, and the other poster took offense (fair enough, though my meaning wasn't malicious). It happens. All we can do is apologise, find perspective (the way you seem to have done) and keep it pushing.

It's more about verbalizing personal thoughts for me... I need to learn to be content with just seeing photos of neat classic cars that are a little further away, anything interesting, and learn to be happy with what I have around me... Where I feel like I miss out because I've never had the chance to see them in person, if that makes sense, because I can't be everywhere all at once either...

Last edited:
Just remember, on social media, you're always comparing your own insides to someone's outsides.

Also, there is no such thing as "enough." Multi-millionaires and billionaires are the least fulfilled bunch I have ever met, and I speculate it is because they have everything and they don't have a "next material goal" to fixate on. We all have a God-sized hole in our hearts, we just fool ourselves as to what can plug it.

Or simple things... An open mic/jam with some old friends tonight...
PXL_20240515_024531797.jpg

Even Red Deer is better than us :rolleyes:
Does Red Deer have A blue ring, or a bunch of silver balls?
1715792049899.jpeg
1715792157575.jpeg
I am suprised no one has gotten trapped in Calgary's blue ring yet. I don't know how that is possible, but it is known in Edmonton, you can make something foolproof, but not 'Calgary-proof' I will take both cities over living on the back of a bloody red deer.

Does Red Deer have A blue ring, or a bunch of silver balls? View attachment 129951View attachment 129952 I am suprised no one has gotten trapped in Calgary's blue ring yet. I don't know how that is possible, but it is known in Edmonton, you can make something foolproof, but not 'Calgary-proof' I will take both cities over living on the back of a bloody red deer.

True, except that Red Deer has probably the best classic car cruise night in the province...

New Threads

Top Bottom