• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Talk on Forum

lunarious

ASD 1 Abdicated Aspergers
V.I.P Member
I and my Psychologist talked for real for the first time, she said this (until they replace her).

My Psychologist said
1. "she wants to understand me"with a soft voice, and
2. according to her boss "she can't be on Official Pages". Because i offered her to talk on my private forum, which i'll make or she'll make. Because a forum is open 24/7.

Last edited:
I and my Psychologist talked for real for the first time, she said this (until they replace her).

My Psychologist said
1. "she wants to understand me"with a soft voice, and
2. according to her boss "she can't be on Official Pages". Because i offered her to talk on my private forum, which i'll make or she'll make. Because a forum is open 24/7.

That could be a professional thing too

A staff member who I interact with through a local Autism association, won't allow herself onto any Autism related social media, not sure if that is a requirement or what she chooses to do...

@lunarious
Most mental health professionals are guided by strict rules that are meant to maintain healthy boundaries for both the professional and for the client. Psychologists and therapists need to not only maintain healthy boundaries for themselves as professionals, but also help teach clients how to have healthy boundaries, too. It makes sense to me that professional mental health treatment happens within the confines of either face to face or virtual appointment times and not outside of that. It is always an option to print out or verbally share things that you have shared on a forum.

Thanks @Rodafina , that's very insightful. My relationships with others sometimes bounce into counseling. I think it's kinda of in my family line. When l researched my German middle name, there are a lot of that surname involved in psychology.

@lunarious
It makes sense to me that professional mental health treatment happens within the confines of either face to face or virtual appointment times and not outside of that. It is always an option to print out or verbally share things that you have shared on a forum.
If she can't give trust, can i trust her? No.
Edit: I can trust her though, that'd be called crazy.

New Threads

Top Bottom