• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Still single

@Markness

What volunteer positions have you held?

How long did you pursue these activities?
I’ve handed out pizza and snacks for two different high school sports events.

My mother made me volunteer at the public library for months until I got hired.

I got to volunteer as a helper for two events for a local museum and was hoping to do more but the supervisor of the museum never called me back nor answered my inquiries ever again.

A convention friend gave me a volunteer badge to attend a con and I offered to help but didn’t really get to do anything.

So the volunteer experiences you have had have been of
limited/brief duration, the exception being the library stint
which you felt compelled to participate in because your
mother told you to do it.

What volunteer activities have you looked at or offered your
services for in the past three months?

So the volunteer experiences you have had have been of
limited/brief duration, the exception being the library stint
which you felt compelled to participate in because your
mother told you to do it.

What volunteer activities have you looked at or offered your
services for in the past three months?
I haven’t looked at nor offered services to anything since then.

Try volunteering again. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

What are your hobbies?
Reading, going for walks at the park/in the neighborhood, listening to alternative music, occasionally drawing, occasionally playing the guitar (Which I struggle at, even 22 years into it.), playing video games when I feel up to it, and meditating.

I get bullied for these things, either because they are seen as somehow being homosexual or “Satanic.”

Reading, going for walks at the park/in the neighborhood, listening to alternative music, occasionally drawing, occasionally playing the guitar (Which I struggle at, even 22 years into it.), playing video games when I feel up to it, and meditating.

I get bullied for these things, either because they are seen as somehow being homosexual or “Satanic.”
What. Men do that all the time in New York City, and they have plenty of female friends, girlfriends and wife's.

Last edited:

Who bullies you? That are regular, normal, ordinary, everyday hobbies.

If I recall correctly, the one girlfriend you briefly had, you met in a mental health support group.

I think a support group is a good idea because you can be upfront about your situation around people who are likely also struggling with their own difficulties, and if someone appears interested, you know they're doing so with some understanding of where you're coming from.

it wouldn't be wise to join a support group with the explicit intention of trying to "pick up chicks", but rather to seek support for your situation and support others with theirs in kind, remaining open to the connections that might blossom in the process.

Just be mindful not to monopolise the talking time in the group, and try to only share as much as is needed to convey the point you're trying to make.

I don't think things like volunteering are the best option unless Markness is actually interested in volunteering in spite of the romantic outcome. If it's something he'd immediately drop as soon as he got a girlfriend, any relationship he'd start with another volunteer would inherently be built on the pretence that they're both interested volunteering.

@Markness I feel so sorry for you. I can't believe how difficult it is to make friends, really. It must really suck where you are. I really don't want to rub this in, but I just hanged out with a bunch of strangers for a game night that a friend from church recommended I never met, including four women. They were so kind to me. Right away, I was able to talk to them. They were not rude at all to me. We even talked about anime, Mindcraft, Fortnight and Dungeons and Dragons, which I know you like things like that. They added me to their WhatsApp group for any future game nights. Not only were they attractive but single and no they did not do any drama like say you are gay or satanic or judge you like the terrible places you have been. I am so sorry you live in such a horrible town. I really pray you can move to New York City. My friend Madison moved here from San Diego not knowing anyone and because of me she has all the friends I have now.

New Threads

Top Bottom