• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Over-analyzing things

Keith

I have a tendency to over-analyze things, including the titles of things.

1) Was there a Monkey Ball before Super Monkey Ball?
2) If they got rid of the panelist interviews on Jeopardy, they wouldn't run out of time as often
3) Why didn't Canada buy Alaska?
4) There might be things which exist that cannot be seen, felt, tasted, heard, or smelled.

Boy, am I weird.

3) Why didn't Canada buy Alaska?

from Wiki

"Russia wanted to sell its Alaskan territory, fearing that it might be seized if war broke out with Britain. Russia's primary activity in the territory had been fur trade and missionary work among the Native Alaskans. With the purchase of Alaska, the United States added 586,412 square miles (1,518,800 km2) of new territory."

You need to bear in mind I don't think anyone knew there was oil up there during the purchase in 1867.

Edit More Info:

Also this is also the same year when Canada became a country. Might be partly why it was a big deal to Russia.

Last edited:
from Wiki

"Russia wanted to sell its Alaskan territory, fearing that it might be seized if war broke out with Britain. Russia's primary activity in the territory had been fur trade and missionary work among the Native Alaskans. With the purchase of Alaska, the United States added 586,412 square miles (1,518,800 km2) of new territory."

You need to bear in mind I don't think anyone knew there was oil up there during the purchase in 1867.
It was called Seward's Folly by his opponents

I find those types of questions interesting and can ponder and discuss such things at length. But I have learned over time, now that I'm in my forties, older more "mature" people aren't as interested in such things. I guess they need their entertainment in the form of violent shows and movies, or football.

So to continue the Alaska/Canada thread. Anybody know why Russia was worried about war with Britain at that time?

So to continue the Alaska/Canada thread. Anybody know why Russia was worried about war with Britain at that time?

I'd think such paranoia still ran high with Russia over the Crimean Wars 11 years earlier. A campaign Russia lost to Britain, France, the Ottoman Empire and Sardinia.

Wikipedia has something to say about Super Monkey Ball :D Apparently Monkey Ball was an arcade game in Japan, and then Super Monkey Ball was brought out or something like that Super Monkey Ball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also yeah, things exist that can't be sensed by those senses. I would imagine time counts as something like that. We can't sense it by those, but there is some other internal sense that we get about things (I guess that can be explained by circadian rhythms and stuff like that, but that isn't one of the senses in particular). But I guess that's a bit of an odd answer for those. I guess subatomic particles as well. We can't actually see them we just see the effect that they may have on things, but at the same time is it them or is it something else. There are probably a load more things, but talking about them could go on a long time XD

I find those types of questions interesting and can ponder and discuss such things at length. But I have learned over time, now that I'm in my forties, older more "mature" people aren't as interested in such things. I guess they need their entertainment in the form of violent shows and movies, or football.
I'm 44, and while I've always had a very playful and silly attitude, I'm actively focusing these days on regressing on the maturity scale! :)

From the Big Bang Theory:

"If it's full of antioxidants, what will happen to the oxidants?"

---------Sheldon

I'd think such paranoia still ran high with Russia over the Crimean Wars 11 years earlier. A campaign Russia lost to Britain, France, the Ottoman Empire and Sardinia.
thanks Judge...ya beat me to it :D

Another thread on the forum inspired me to do multiple google searches and read multiple primary research articles, reviews, and .org pages on Asperger's. ASDs, and sleep habits or insomnia. If it counts. On that note I tend to overanalyze what people are saying or doing and then conclude absolutely nothing about it these days. I actually can't make any sense of them. No, no, there's that! That could mean this. etc
I guess that's why I'm such an anxious person. Haha

I believe, although I haven't a shred of proof, that the neurobiology of Asperger's Syndrome and the tension around navigating a world that experiences things differently is the root cause of anxiety and depressive disorders. Sometimes I wish I were in a position to influence a study on the subject:

What is the comorbidity of Aspberger's and social psychiatric ailments?

What is the comorbidity of Asperger's and social psychiatric ailments?

When they have a true definition of what ASD is,I will buy into the comorbid game. My observations here at AC lead me to believe that what is considered comorbid to it may be another flaw in the understanding of autism.

I hear there are colors we can't see due to what our eyes are able to perceive.. That just blows my mind.
Then try to wrap your head around this thought...your perception of color may not be the same as mine

Yup. Color calibration between a monitor, OS, printer and graphics program can be one big headache at times. :confused:

Or as the song goes, "Do you see what I see?" o_O

What is the comorbidity of Asperger's and social psychiatric ailments?

When they have a true definition of what ASD is,I will buy into the comorbid game. My observations here at AC lead me to believe that what is considered comorbid to it may be another flaw in the understanding of autism.

Time to over analyze that a bit.

I originally sought treatment for high anxiety, couldn't sleep, over-reactive, etc. and eventually ended up diagnosed HFA/Aspie, with high levels of anxiety. The therapists I've had both attributed the anxiety to AS, which I interpret as "co-morbid", though I really despise that word. I have been taking medication for the anxiety, and it's helped those symptoms a great deal, and allowed me to see my AS behavior for what it is and accept it.

New Threads

Top Bottom