• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Style

it definitely looks better. my favorite color scheme on a website, actually has a black background with red/orange text, I have never had any problem what-so-ever focusing on that in the almost 3 years I have been going there.

on a different note, not sure if you are aware, or even care for that matter, Dustman319 has been having trouble loading the site for nearly 3 weeks now, he has cleared his cache and still has to "reload" 20 times before he can get anything to load.

Way to go Gonzerd,:) a little piece of you is now on the forum for every one to see when they come onto the site.

How about we just stop changing it for....a week? Is that too much to ask? I'm actually not all that particular about colors, etc. I just don't like the fact that every time I've gotten used to it, it changes again. It's worked satisfactorily for me all along, except for the chatbox notification thing, which was quite a while ago.

How about we just stop changing it for....a week? Is that too much to ask?

Last time it was changed was January 27, 2014.

I'm actually not all that particular about colors, etc. I just don't like the fact that every time I've gotten used to it, it changes again. It's worked satisfactorily for me all along, except for the chatbox notification thing, which was quite a while ago.

I don't have any plans to change the style any time soon.

Last time it was changed was January 27, 2014.

I don't have any plans to change the style any time soon.

Must be some update on my system that reverted my style, then. My bad. Must be some XFCE thing. Sorry to carp. Carry on.

While I too agree the old format was easier to read, I'm ok with this format. Even though with this format, a lot of the text looks like it was made on a dot matrix printer with a worn out ribbon. But I'm not complaining. Just stating a fact to possibly relate to how others see the new format.

My main thing is how the site will run on a dial up connection that is 28.8 on a good day. If it won't load anymore, then I'm done here. Well even with the new format, it's still all good. It still runs better than just about any other forum I know. Much props to Brent and whoever else is responsible for running this place.

Brent I would really really like it if we could have the option for black background like it was before? Please please...I am begging this is sooo hard for me to read. This white I just have too hard a time. I am having to use my voice reader. Please consider this I am really really asking.

This an idea you may want look into the near future. I understand the need for you to keep it easy for you at your end as well. It could be an option in preferences.

What would it take to create a color inversion option for the visually impaired.
Some of our visually impaired members are also the most knowledgable on autism.

Brent I would really really like it if we could have the option for black background like it was before? Please please...I am begging this is sooo hard for me to read. This white I just have too hard a time. I am having to use my voice reader. Please consider this I am really really asking.

As Warwick mentions, maybe some color inverter might help for now. I've had a quick look for a Chrome extension to do this (maybe you're on a different browser.)
One I found is Invert Page Colors. This just inverts all color on the page, so pictures too, but the text remains crisp, which is an issue sometimes with these things.
Maybe better would be Change Colors. Here you have the options to choose a different darker color scheme for different pages, even change the fonttype and size. Since it doesn't just invert all colors, the pictures and so stay viewable too.
Things might not look that nice with these, but maybe it could be useful as some kind of temporary solution.

Edit: Stylebot is another one which lets you use custom css.
Hacker Vision seems quite workable to on chrome to make things darker.

Edit 2: on Firefox I found Color Toggle which lets you switch between two color profiles with a keyboard shortcut (ctrl-shift-u). It then inverts the colors for all sites. Images remain the same.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Gonzerd, I have run a trial run of the inversion
and passed onto Arashi, the link and 2 screen shots.

I have chrome as a secondary browser.

Thanks for that Gonzerd, I have run a trial run of the inversion
and passed onto Arashi, the link and 2 screen shots.

I have chrome as a secondary browser.

Great! Thanks for passing it on.
I'm having a look at some more extensions now, I might add them to the original post if there's something good.

As Warwick mentions, maybe some color inverter might help for now. I've had a quick look for a Chrome extension to do this (maybe you're on a different browser.)
One I found is Invert Page Colors. This just inverts all color on the page, so pictures too, but the text remains crisp, which is an issue sometimes with these things.
Maybe better would be Change Colors. Here you have the options to choose a different darker color scheme for different pages, even change the fonttype and size. Since it doesn't just invert all colors, the pictures and so stay viewable too.
Things might not look that nice with these, but maybe it could be useful as some kind of temporary solution.

Firefox also has an add-on that functions as a color inverter.
I know Arashi is using firefox as a webrowser.

Hopefully she can test out this Firefox add-on and see if it helps.

Blank Your Monitor + Easy Reading :: Add-ons for Firefox

Interesting reading about Mozilla taking lots of heat over the latest version of Firefox. Seems they're trying too hard to turn Firefox into Chrome. There's even an add-on to return the Firefox interface to more classic versions. (Classic Theme Restorer)

Last edited:
A big shout to Brent...NICE JOB!...my limited experience with webpages showed me that different browsers paint pages differently...I am guessing you are using a cascading style sheet (CSS) to build the AC pages...my suggestion is to look at each change across several popular browsers after a page is built...I hope that being logical will help...I think the site's new style is very workable...Thank you Brent!!...I run the latest Firefox available on a Windows Vista operating system because I am too lazy to use my newer laptop...it would take hours to re-apply six years of auto-logins to my new puter,so it is collecting dust...not impossible,just procrastination..."never do anything today you can put off til tomorrow" is my motto

the new version of firefox is not very stable I have it go down at least once every 2 days, apparently it is suppose to be new from the ground up

the new version of firefox is not very stable I have it go down at least once every 2 days, apparently it is suppose to be new from the ground up

Hmm...I've had past versions crash on me, but with 29.0.1 so far it hasn't shut down at all. But yeah, with all the changes it's bound to have many more "fixes" to come.

With Mozilla and Google as competing browsers I suppose we'll see both try to outdo one another at the expense of usability...ugh. But if Mozilla continues to attempt to make Firefox like Chrome I'll take their hint and just use Chrome. :mad:

Last edited:
I am using Firefox 29.01 as well and it already gone down today.

I have added the old format add on as well, I have tried the colour inverter for fire fox, but have had no luck in getting it to work I have added the one in your link Judge. It is loaded but nothing elses has come up.

I am using Firefox 29.01 as well and it already gone down today.

I have added the old format add on as well, I have tried the colour inverter for fire fox, but have had no luck in getting it to work I have added the one in your link Judge. It is loaded but nothing elses has come up.

Hmmm. Wonder what's making run like that? I'm assuming you're running Windows 7 with 8 gigs of RAM? With just Firefox open as my default browser (plus resident-memory security programs) with a two sites and a number of add-ons I'm still running at only 35% of my system resources per the task manager.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom