• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My annual photo project (Remembrance Day), and how I push myself too hard?

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
To make a long story short, this photo project requires

1) The right weather (keep in mind this is western Canada in early winter)

2) A window of two weekends only

3) People walking around

I've done the project since 2007, some of you I think know of this project, today was the first day of poppy distribution (re: Remembrance Day), so not a ton of people wearing them yet, that's fairly usual... And the weather was crappy, definitely not what the weather forecast was... I had very poor results, only three photos/portraits, along with some light snow, and slightly chilly winter weather... And it was really quiet, probably because of the weather

My challenge has always been those two weekends only, and just the right weather factors within those two weekends... I've already taken a peek at next weekends forecast and it looks like winter weather on Saturday which could screw me over for results... Admittedly that is still one week away... I've just always been anxious/worried over what would happen if one year I just don't get enough photos for the project, given the limitations I have no control over... And I will be the first to admit that my passion for this project is intense, and I hate a "no" answer from someone because it then makes it that much harder to achieve my desired results... I did run into a friend today and I definitely have a laser focus for what I want and am looking for... Is that a good thing?

Just looking at the current weather forecast I have a bad feeling about this year, I will stress out over the weather forecast all week, but then I do that many years, I plan to go out tomorrow too...

Stranger Portrait 01.jpg

Last edited:
It's worth the effort, even in a driving snowstorm with very few people around, if you can get a single good photo for this year. Good luck, Sherlock!

New Threads

Top Bottom