• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Making new friends might be easier this time because...

Tony Ramirez

Single. Being nice and treated like dirt.
V.I.P Member
I believe the place I joined well one girl a 95% chance I know she is on the spectrum as she does practically everything I do from taking fast, getting deep in conversation, can recall facts about anime and D&D like it's from a book. Into all the autism things like Pokemon, D&D, Star Wars, LOTR, Minecraft, Disney movies and characters. Also stims all the time by laughing even when just sitting next to her which I don't find one bit annoying.

Also I believe some of the other girls there might be on the spectrum too since they like the same thing and one does things like randomly sing. I also feel that I can talk to them so easily. I think I found my people.

What about the guys?
Good question. Believe it or not I have not meet many even on game night when I meet them. That is why we had a combined group with the pastor on Wednesday, normally they separate us for bible discussion. On Sunday service I will meet the rest of the congregation.

It always is amazing at times when different faces can equal different "chemistry".

But I know it can happen, having experienced it myself on rare occasions. :cool:

I think your struggles resonate with many different types of people. You aren't afraid to talk about what you feel. So many of us can't acknowledge that being treated less than happens. But we fall into denial. You come across as a very authentic person. Thanks for bringing your concerns here. You helped other people by powering thru your perceptions. And making changes as you opened up to ideas, and new challenges. Sometimes we change the church we go to, the relationships, the city we live in, our beliefs, these changes promote sometimes healthier thinking. By watching your journey, you create the catalyst for others to question their self dialog, because sometimes our inner voice is wrong. Your inner voice said: ugg- woman are horrible. But the logical side said, l am not sure if l believe this. You have emotional intelligence. Thanks being a part of this forum. If you get chance, l hope you help others here. I help the best l can with triggers. That's seems to be my specialty. :)

Last edited:
That sounds very good for you, Tony. Having people who are ND and who can understand you really is beneficial. I think I have mentioned that I am a Big Brother to an 18 year old autistic boy. He likes that I get where he is at (though he is ASD-2) and I have been helping him and motivating him to graduate HS. Last Thursday he completed his coursework and will be getting his diploma. I am proud of him. But, to get him involved in other things and as a bribe, I recovered and fixed up a recumbent tadpole trike for him, a Catrike.s Aluminum frame, well set up, 27 speed. His old trike is an upright granny trike that is single speed and horribly unstable cornering. He loves the one I fixed up and I will give it to him at his graduation party.

The thing that really brought me out of my isolation was involvement with outings groups. I swear, half the guys were on the spectrum since being a gearhead was encouraged. And, enjoying outings and having a good time, feeling comfortable with people, led me to my future spouse when I was least expecting it.

I think your struggles resonate with many different types of people. You aren't afraid to talk about what you feel. So many of us can't acknowledge that being treated less than happens. But we fall into denial. You come across as a very authentic person. Thanks for bringing your concerns here. You helped other people by powering thru your perceptions. And making changes as you opened up to ideas, and new challenges. Sometimes we change the church we go to, the relationships, the city we live in, our beliefs, these changes promote sometimes healthier thinking. By watching your journey, you create the catalyst for others to question their self dialog, because sometimes our inner voice is wrong. Your inner voice said: ugg- woman are horrible. But the logical side said, l am not sure if l believe this. You have emotional intelligence. Thanks being a part of this forum. If you get chance, l hope you help others here. I help the best l can with triggers. That's seems to be my specialty. :)
@Aspychata, questioning our inner dialogue was necessary for me to mitigate the triggers of PTSD. I think I have finally broken through and have an inner peace that I have not felt for quite a while.

Glad I inspired you. I heard that from people who were my true friends not that one staged faker who never wanted to actually hang out with me and barely talked to me in person. Actually there is a term for its called textationship. I will not name her.

But really there were a few couples and single men from the church I am leaving I inspired. But I inspired a few yoga teachers. Two left one was real close. Now the main teacher one I am close to that I inspire her so much that she did not quit due to moving to bad locations. Also because of me is the reason why the owner is still in business and thriving. She is grateful because of that. Heck I am already talking to the new teacher and giving her advice. She is easy to talk to someone like that years ago I would have been shacking, petrified and ran away.

Last edited:
Glad I inspired you. I heard that from people who were my true friends not that one staged faker who never wanted to actually hang out with me and barely talked to me in person. Actually there is a term for its called textationship. I will not name her.

But really there were a few couples and single men from the church I am leaving I inspired. But I inspired a few yoga teachers. Two left one was real close. Now the main teacher one I am close to that I inspire her so much that she did not quit due to moving to bad locations. Also because of me is the reason why the owner is still in business and thriving. She is grateful because of that. Heck I am already talking to the new teacher and giving her advice. She is easy to talk to someone like that years ago I would have been shacking, petrified and ran away.
You are making progress, and I am happy to see you more at ease. You have come a long way and I hope this will lead you to some companionship as you grow more sure of yourself.

New Threads

Top Bottom