• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it normal to have friends younger than you? Even up to ages from 10 to 20 years younger.

Nah. The foundation of the friendship matters more than the age gap / gender.

Most NT friendships are based on interests (as far as I can tell). Interests tend to have a gender / age-gap correlation. My best (female) friend hangs out with a group of 50's something married men - I forgot what over, but they bond over a specific interest. That has a loose correlation, e.g., I Love Lucy fans might tend to be older than HIMYM fans.

I think for you, and you are making steps towards this based on the posts you are making, you should worry more about orienting your friendships towards exploring your own interests.

I just notice any groups I join with any topic, there is an intergenerational friendship involved. So no I am no it does not matter what interests. I am finding this in basically any groups, as these groups don't have an age gap, only an 18 or older requirement.

BTW what I do in these groups, fellowship, playing games and when it comes to working out yoga is my own interests.

My youngest long-term friend is now 4/5 my age, but a new one is about half my age. Pretty high mortality in my age group, so I'm looking for younger friends with little success. Many people are worried about the environment, but nobody wants to learn from someone who has decades of experience at finding solutions.

New Threads

Top Bottom