• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I was subject of name calling

Aspergers_Aspie

Today I was sat on a public bench and two people sat opposite were laughing and name calling me to each other, frustratingly and disappointedly I was on my own so had no witnesses. So I walked away but felt like they should have left not me!

As much as the encounter was disturbing, you did the right thing, for engaging with cretins like that can only lead to escalation. They obviously were not worthy of being considered human, for they had to gang up on someone just to make them feel like they were better than the thugs of low intelligence that they obviously were. Typical schoolyard bullies that never grew up!

Some people got off the maturity train at 13 years old and that's as far as they've gotten.

Sucks that it happened, but consider the source. You just got another reminder that there are weak-minded, beta humans that have got nothing better to do than to put someone down so they can somehow feel better about themselves. Water under the bridge. Move along. Nothing to see here.

I am guessing these were young adults? Maybe they were hoping to bait you to beat you up and mug you. Never know these days. It's wise you took off given that there were no other people around.

Panademic has sent a lot of people into meltdown mode, trying to prove absolutely nothing. I decided not to take a job recently just because the parking lot felt unsafe at night.

6 January, 2021 is the date I decided to become a recluse. I don’t even bother with newspapers or news channels on my streaming subscriptions (I now mostly watch reruns from before 1989 and classic cartoons, as they’re the only things now that make any sense). I rarely leave my locked apartment, except to take out the trash, get my mail, go to church, and go to the doctor. I also never have visitors. The only answer you get out of my lately when asked how I’m doing is either “I’ve been better”, or “Fine and dandy”, as any answer that even hints of depression will have me back on antipsychotics, which nearly caused me to commit suicide the last time a psychiatrist or a Primary Care Physician prescribed them to me.

In short, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!”

I am guessing these were young adults? Maybe they were hoping to bait you to beat you up and mug you. Never know these days. It's wise you took off given that there were no other people around.

Panademic has sent a lot of people into meltdown mode, trying to prove absolutely nothing. I decided not to take a job recently just because the parking lot felt unsafe at night.
Listen to your Elders, the Lady has a point. Likely prelude to an assault of violence. Maybe they were high on drugs. People that are high are even more dangerous

Are you sure their behavior was directed at you? I've sometimes felt that people were talking about me but it might just be that I was self-conscious. Either way, that must have been very uncomfortable and I'm sorry you experienced that.

I know it sometimes feel like you're retreating when you walk away but that was probably the best course of action. If they were trying to antagonize you, they probably wanted you to explode or confront them. By walking away, you made the decision not to give them the attention they were seeking.

6 January, 2021 is the date I decided to become a recluse. I don’t even bother with newspapers or news channels on my streaming subscriptions (I now mostly watch reruns from before 1989 and classic cartoons, as they’re the only things now that make any sense). I rarely leave my locked apartment, except to take out the trash, get my mail, go to church, and go to the doctor. I also never have visitors. The only answer you get out of my lately when asked how I’m doing is either “I’ve been better”, or “Fine and dandy”, as any answer that even hints of depression will have me back on antipsychotics, which nearly caused me to commit suicide the last time a psychiatrist or a Primary Care Physician prescribed them to me.

In short, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!”
My heart goes out that you are so saddened that you feel you need to cocoon yourself in your apartment, and miss out on all of the good things in the world, like tiny flowers, trees, animals, etc.
I am sorry you attempted suicide, that you felt so sad you could not find a way out at the time.
I don't know what country you are in. I was prescribed Seroquel 25-100mg for anxiety which is an antihistamine and it takes on antipsychotic properties beyond 300mg.
It made my ankles swell and did sweet FA for my anxiety so I weaned off it.

New Threads

Top Bottom