• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I had a very intetesting day today

Xinyta

~Closeted Goth | A ragon in spirit~
I know the title makes this sound like I had a weird encounter. Honestly my Dad being... genuine... was the only weird part of the whole thing. But the day itself was actually good. Both me and Dad tried Jersey Mike's subs. Despite it being dang near $20 for a footlong, they were actually really good. And the sub sandwiches are stuffed with all the meats and veggies put in it. I could only eat 3/4ths of the sub. But I would consider it worth the price charged for it.

I had a Buffalo Chicken sub.

My Dad had the Mike's Famous Philly.

Though we ended up going to hospital for my neurologist appointment. Which is what the trip was originally for. I see my neurologist every six months, though I am advised to contact him immediately if I have seizures at any point. This is due to my history of seizures during sleep, which my neurologist even agrees were most likely caused by extreme stress. The appointment itself was a 20-30 minute endeavor. Not too bad really. Besides the secretary signing me in, botching my last name.

After we did that. We went out to Barnes and Nobel, a book store, to find some books and vinyl as my belated birthday gifts. Yes, they actually carry music vinyls in there now. I ended up getting two vinyl records. A Linkin Park best singles of the early 2000s and INXS(IN X S or In Excess) Kick.

The two books I got are both Autism related. Unmasking Autism and Neurotribes. Though the big surprise was running into a fellow aspie in the wild. This aspie happened to be the cashier in the front. She was really nice and even reccomend some other books, once I let her know I was one myself. I told her that it was nice meeting her before I left. She replied in kind. It made me feel good to know I'm not the only one. Not that I do believe I'm alone in a world of NTs. But it just... I felt like I found someone that gets it. It's a freeing feeling meeting a ND in person. It made me feel a indescribable amount of joy.

After this, we visited two Walmarts. One in Fairveiw Heights. The other in the town I currently live in. The reason is because we were looking for two copies of Soundgarden Animal Kingdom. One for Dad and one for my Uncle. We only found one copy. I paid for the one we did find and that ended up being a gift to my Uncle.

Overall. It's been a great day. I got to talk to Dad. I got some books and vinyl. And I met a fellow ND. I'd say that today was quite a eventful day.

Though we ended up going to hospital for my neurologist appointment. Which is what the trip was originally for. I see my neurologist every six months, though I am advised to contact him immediately if I have seizures at any point. This is due to my history of seizures during sleep, which my neurologist even agrees were most likely caused by extreme stress.
Sleep seizures is the reason I started seeing my neurologist. My late wife witnessed me not being able to breathe during one. I was having 2 or 3 a week. Ended up finding out I also have narcolepsy. He put me on a good drug regimen that cuts the episodes to 1 - 2 a month and eliminates my daytime sleepiness.

Very nice. I used to have an ASAN (Autistic Self Advocacy Network) shirt and an Autistic cashier at a bookstore noticed it once.

Sleep seizures is the reason I started seeing my neurologist. My late wife witnessed me not being able to breathe during one. I was having 2 or 3 a week. Ended up finding out I also have narcolepsy. He put me on a good drug regimen that cuts the episodes to 1 - 2 a month and eliminates my daytime sleepiness.

I have been considering logging the moment I am awake, because my neurologist told me about symptoms that you can feel, if you were having seizures during sleep. So there is that to consider.

My only mental reference to narcolepsy is the one dude in the movie Rat Race, who had narcolepsy. Falling asleep at hilariously inconvenient times.

Not intending offense of course. I probably should look it up in the morning.

I’ve been saying this for years. We’re not dumb, crazy, or even wrong. We’re just outnumbered.

I couldn't agree more. It's honestly frustrating that there isn't more NDs out there to interact with within the vicinity.

Last edited:
My only mental reference to narcolepsy is the one dude in the movie Rat Race, who had narcolepsy. Falling asleep at hilariously inconvenient times.

Not intending offense of course. I probably should look it up in the morning.
I haven't seen that movie. I guess it's om the list now. Generally though, Hollywood gets narcolepsy about as correct as they get autism.
If you are physically active doing normal things, you don't randomly fall asleep. It's more like when you are comfortably seated doing minimal physical activity the sleep sneaks up on you. Your first indication that you have fallen asleep may be when your head drops forward, or someone else wakens you.

I haven't seen that movie. I guess it's om the list now. Generally though, Hollywood gets narcolepsy about as correct as they get autism.

I haven't seen it in a long time, so I am fuzzy on alot of it. But from what I remember, it's suppose to be a comedy movie. That character who is suppose to have narcolepsy, has the thing of sleeping in the middle of being active. He'll just suddendly stop and stand while sleeping.

If you are physically active doing normal things, you don't randomly fall asleep. It's more like when you are comfortably seated doing minimal physical activity the sleep sneaks up on you. Your first indication that you have fallen asleep may be when your head drops forward, or someone else wakens you.

That's good to know, actually. Both as the proper info and if there is something to look out for in myself.

New Threads

Top Bottom