• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Chess

EnigmaKitty

One of my major interests/obsessions is Chess, besides video games and books. Perhaps I will make separate threads on those if there are not already some active ones.

Right, so Chess! This is really my main obsession/talent and it means so much to me because I can make a point to the world 1 on 1 person at a time, which is how I function best. Every game of chess is like a tense conversation or debate where each person is trying to refute the other wordlessly. See what I'm getting at? But it's not to prove that one is right or wrong, it is to establish that my point of view also, should be considered valid and recognized as well.

This also works as a personal therapeutic strategy if such things exist. Heck, maybe I just invented something I dunno lol.

Even if you don't know what to say, please just let me know that you understand what I'm saying. That's all it takes to make my day, week, or even month as I feel such a lack of understanding from others in this world. Also, if anyone wants to play Chess, by all means contact me on Chess.com. My username there is the same as it is on this Forum.

Bye bye for now :smileycat:

I don't understand chess at all. I'm terrible at it. I can't understand the rules and movements. It's a cool game, but way beyond me. Maybe I can learn about it from you, & I'll teach you about golf!

One of my major interests/obsessions is Chess, besides video games and books. Perhaps I will make separate threads on those if there are not already some active ones.

Right, so Chess! This is really my main obsession/talent and it means so much to me because I can make a point to the world 1 on 1 person at a time, which is how I function best. Every game of chess is like a tense conversation or debate where each person is trying to refute the other wordlessly. See what I'm getting at? But it's not to prove that one is right or wrong, it is to establish that my point of view also, should be considered valid and recognized as well.

This also works as a personal therapeutic strategy if such things exist. Heck, maybe I just invented something I dunno lol.

Even if you don't know what to say, please just let me know that you understand what I'm saying. That's all it takes to make my day, week, or even month as I feel such a lack of understanding from others in this world. Also, if anyone wants to play Chess, by all means contact me on Chess.com. My username there is the same as it is on this Forum.

Bye bye for now :smileycat:

I really like to play chess. It is good practice for thinking ahead and strategizing a game plan. This type of thought train helps in everyday life. I think you learn a lot of things about your opponent just by the way they play the game. I have come to the conclusion that a aggressive player is a good player and try to play aggressively. It seems like every time I am on the defense, I end up losing. Of course, your opponent will learn a lot about you also. The best games are when your strategy is not picked up by your opponent and works. Good times!

I am currently a competitive expert chess player who let his membership expire because life gets in the way. Even though I have that formal title, a lot of amateurs or people several hundred points below me still beat me quite a bit and get a thrill out of beating an "expert"! lol.

I've played online chess for 6 years. I'm somewhat good at it. I don't fully understand many of the advanced techniques and strategy taught in books. Sometimes I'll get off to a great start in games, and other times I'll have a bad start. So far I've lost more games than I've won. Fortunately that deficit is decreasing because I've been practicing chess tactics online and improving my play.

New Threads

Top Bottom