• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

BUSY!!

Masked Man

Hi - I have not been around lately. As I had previously mentioned, I was in the middle of a graduate program class. At the moment, I have turned in my final paper for the class, and completed my practicum hours. I'm basically done with this class. Woo hoo!

I also had gone out of town for a very quick trip to see the eclipse. I went to a little town in southern Illinois, had a great view, met some nice people who were there as well.

So now, I will leave on my trip to Italy this coming Thursday and be gone for 2 weeks. The biggest thing stressing me out is missing work and trying to catch up when I get back. But I guess I'll deal with all that when I come back.

Then a few weeks after I get back I start the next class. I don't know yet what that class will look like, but I'm sure it will be similar with lots of reading, writing papers and more practicum hours.

I hope everyone is doing well here. I've missed logging in and catching up!

More than one practicum.

I didn't know that was a thing.

My program I only had the one practicum.

Yes I have to do two of these. My first had 40 hours - the second has 80. So I'm going to be even more busy.

My last class (will be after the 2nd practicum) I have to write a 30 page paper. So these practicum hours is supposed to be spent becoming an expert on our subjects.

I also had gone out of town for a very quick trip to see the eclipse. I went to a little town in southern Illinois, had a great view, met some nice people who were there as well.
I watched it from the bootheel area of Misourri. It was great

Have a fantastic time in Italy. If you get a couple of minutes, snap a picture of that beautiful place for us. Just started thinking about outdoor cafes, and lots of pasta. :)

Yes I have to do two of these. My first had 40 hours - the second has 80. So I'm going to be even more busy.

So these practicum hours is supposed to be spent becoming an expert on our subjects.
I don't remember how many hours our practicum was.
I do know that at the end there was no supposition that anybody had become
expert, only that we had had practice working with real clients.

I don't remember how many hours our practicum was.
I do know that at the end there was no supposition that anybody had become
expert, only that we had had practice working with real clients.
I use the word "expert" but in reality they want us to just become as familiar with the subject as we possibly can. For me anyway this has meant attending a lot of meetings, going to a lot of training sessions, watching webinars, and reading an awful lot of research papers. Seriously I don't know how many more research papers I can tolerate.

Hi - I have not been around lately. As I had previously mentioned, I was in the middle of a graduate program class. At the moment, I have turned in my final paper for the class, and completed my practicum hours. I'm basically done with this class. Woo hoo!

So now, I will leave on my trip to Italy this coming Thursday and be gone for 2 weeks. The biggest thing stressing me out is missing work and trying to catch up when I get back. But I guess I'll deal with all that when I come back.

Then a few weeks after I get back I start the next class. I don't know yet what that class will look like, but I'm sure it will be similar with lots of reading, writing papers and more practicum hours.

I hope everyone is doing well here. I've missed logging in and catching up!
Which cities are you going to visit in Italy? I'm Italian, so maybe I can suggest you something

Which cities are you going to visit in Italy? I'm Italian, so maybe I can suggest you something
That would be great! - although I am going with a group, but I should have some free time along the way.

We have a few days in Rome, then the Bay of Naples area, then Assisi, then Venice, then the Italian Lakes region, then Florence, then back to Rome. There are some side visits in there - like I want to see Pompeii for sure, and obviously some of the museums. I know we'll be busy but this trip hits all the things I wanted to see so it will be worth the time/money spent. Let me know what you think!

That would be great! - although I am going with a group, but I should have some free time along the way.

We have a few days in Rome, then the Bay of Naples area, then Assisi, then Venice, then the Italian Lakes region, then Florence, then back to Rome. There are some side visits in there - like I want to see Pompeii for sure, and obviously some of the museums. I know we'll be busy but this trip hits all the things I wanted to see so it will be worth the time/money spent. Let me know what you think!
That's nice. Remember to see colosseum and Vatican City when you're in Rome, to visit Uffizzi's gallery in Florence and, if you have time, Palazzo Vecchio. When you're near Napoli, try to visit Reggia di Caserta if you have time. If you like European football you can try to see a football match at Rome or Napoli, and the structure behind the stadium in Rome. Eat "pasta alla carbonara", "pasta com cacio e pepe" and "pasta alla gricia" in Rome, "fiorentina" in Florence and of course the real pizza in Napoli. Don't go to the periphery of Rome or Napoli alone

New Threads

Top Bottom