• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An undiscovered artist.

One day, maybe they will discover thousands of amazing youtube videos that someone left behind. Things can go completely obscure on there, too

Oh yeah, that already absolutely happens a lot. And it's really a shame.

I dont really do TV or movies, Youtube completely replaced that for me, and on there, I tend towards creepy surreal stuff, horror, particularly of the analog/digital variety.

Every now and then some series nobody seems to have heard of will surface, and I check it out and I'm like... holy heck this is PHENOMENAL. A quick check then shows that this person (whoever it is) has been at it for like a whole year or two, just pumping out this amazing series (whatever it is) and hardly anyone notices. Whoever it is will have like, maybe 1000 subscribers, sometimes a lot less, their videos arent getting many views or comments... But they just keep doing it anyway, even though it all gets lost in the ether.

Fortunately there are some creators on the platform who have started basically trawling the depths of Youtube's forgotten corners to find stuff like this and bring it to light, but that only helps so much.

And that's just Youtube. Also happens A LOT with video games. That's a bit easier for me personally, as I'm in position to simply do that trawling myself, but still, it's very frustrating when every now and then I find something that is like this perfect little masterpiece... but it's gone basically unnoticed. Some wonderful creative thing that deserves attention but just gets knocked to the wayside. Or in some cases, the creator just... has no confidence in what they made (even though it's great) and so not much happens on their end to push it anywhere.

Frustrating to see, really. And I realize I'm not immune to any of this either. Heck I keep saying I'm going to do game-dev stuff, make things, but I'm really dragging on that, because "well nobody will notice or care anyway" keeps coming to mind.

Frustrating to see, really. And I realize I'm not immune to any of this either. Heck I keep saying I'm going to do game-dev stuff, make things, but I'm really dragging on that, because "well nobody will notice or care anyway" keeps coming to mind.

It's definitely normal to feel that way, but it really does seem as though the more we put into the aether, the more others really do benefit from it in some way. Especially if you've ever had the reverse happen where you thought 'thank god / the universe for this lecture / module / library / game engine, because now I can make X'.

It's interesting to realize that everyone has such a unique voice and only a few are using it like this!

New Threads

Top Bottom